Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Emptied driveway by making all the dead line Masers run enough to move them and then had a pressure washing party ago go!

Frankenstein Q-porte made it behind the fence, one Biturbo in front of gate and Old Blue the beater 164L under mighty oak tree.

The red Biturbo i in garage for fuel system surgery. Injectors in MI for cleaning and spare rust free fuel lines to go in next week when my son comes over to install them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I like it - nothing like having some clear space - clear the driveway, clear the mind.

With nothing camped out on my driveway for over a month now, I have been driving in and out of my internal-access garage with my 156 and the remote garage door opener, the first time in the 18 months I've had the car and actually the first time in years I've been able to use that garage as intended (needs an unoccupied driveway for the 5-point turn to get in and out).

Nice in winter to get into a dry 'indoor' car before a trip, and then when I get back, to get the garage door closed against the driving rain etc. before getting out of the car. Even on a clear morning it's pleasant not to have dewed-over windows and the risk of slipping over on the shiny re-sealed concrete.

Noticed a strange burning smell several times after getting home and closing the garage door... thought perhaps I'd never noticed it before due to parking outside... eventually solved the mystery when I found a melted oil drain pan left on the floor that had been touching catalytic converters after parking up. One problem of lowered suspension!

I feel a bit sorry for my Uno Turbo that shares the garage, since it's probably experiencing more humidity as a result of its damp cousin coming and going. Thinking of using an air jet to blast most of the water off the 156 when necessary (can't wipe if it's dirty). Bought some security stays for the window - thinking of leaving that open too, but rats seeking shelter might be a problem.

Joe-the-landscaper's 164 lives in my 'outside' (separate) garage, only two tiny jobs left to do but lack of daylight hours and other work still prevents completion. Once done, my own 164 once back from Joe will regain its position out there. The straight-in access saves what would be a 7-point turn to get into the internal-access garage.

-Alex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts