Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on my 1983 project car. When I first drove it, most electronic stuff was not working. I finally got under the dash and what a mess. Cut wires, unhooked wires etc. So there may be many posts but let’s start with this one. Some of the wires are hand labeled, but I would have very little faith in them. The W/B wire is labeled as “hazard switch” even though the hazards work fine. The two yellow wires are labeled ignition key light, blower switch. I thought it would make sense they would plug somewhere into the fuse box, but there are no fuses for either of those components. Any ideas?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do but I am struggling to still follow the lines. I think the W/B wire does come from the hazard switch. There are 2 W/B wires from the hazard switch and only one is hooked into the fuze box.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Looks like W/B goes all over the place, but, a single W/B and a dual yellow, both go to the dimmer switch.
If there is an aftermarket stereo installed, I would pull all those wires off to the side as best as you can, tie or tape them out of the way, just so they don't act as a distraction. If anything, just take note of where they tie into the factory system.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like W/B goes all over the place, but, a single W/B and a dual yellow, both go to the dimmer switch.
If there is an aftermarket stereo installed, I would pull all those wires off to the side as best as you can, tie or tape them out of the way, just so they don't act as a distraction. If anything, just take note of where they tie into the factory system.
Wow! That makes total sense since I removed the column housing and left the switch inside. I was looking everywhere! Thank you!

·
Registered
what part?
10,752 Posts
get a volt/ohm meter and do some tracking..

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I have a wiring diagram for an 85. Should be identical. PM me if interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts