Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't you hate it when you put something back together and then realize you have "extra" parts?! I have these three washers, one is thin, one is wavy and one is thick (Pic 3). They do NOT fit on the output or input shafts so I was kind of wondering if they went on the shift rod (Pic 1 and 2). Now is the time to show your Alfa expertise...lol.
My rebuild of the tranny is completed, minus the fact that the rear seal was on back order from IAP until early July. I had hoped and even got things started up to cross drill the gears myself, but am currently $1000 in the hole, complete debt, as in mortgage payment is not going to get paid this month, as in where is the rope with the noose in it...I figured I might as well get it put back together quickly as possible, so here I am, with 3 extra washers...

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
They go on the axle shaft of the shifter. You have to take the 4 ten mm bolts out ( two on each side). The thick one should go on one side and the other side should get the wave washer then the flat one. You should also checkif you have the correct clearances. Best way to do this is to install the washers as stated above, put it in third gear and move shifter back and forth. It should move the same side to side. You can also look down with it in third and see the fork and adjust from there.
Dan

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They go on the axle shaft of the shifter. You have to take the 4 ten mm bolts out ( two on each side). The thick one should go on one side and the other side should get the wave washer then the flat one. You should also checkif you have the correct clearances. Best way to do this is to install the washers as stated above, put it in third gear and move shifter back and forth. It should move the same side to side. You can also look down with it in third and see the fork and adjust from there.
Dan
??? You are talking about the horizontal shaft I'm assuming. Thick one on the 1-2 or 5-R side?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts