Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
:p then where would I put "measuring tools?".....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oddly enough I found all of mine last weekend doing a deep clean of the garage and the fleet. Turns out I have never lost one, just stuck it in the trunk of a car to have one on the road and forgot to buy a replacement for my shop tools - multiple times. Each car had two, one in the trunk tool bag and one in the glovebox since I thought I was always losing them. My first 10mm socket was tucked away at the bottom of a bike saddlebag - the original case of "in case I need this on the side of the road" - to remove the bolt securing the seat in the event I need a jump.

·
Registered
313 Posts
All my 1/4 drive is in the second draw down of the roll cab.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I recently started cleaning up my ex California spider which has lived in Australia since the 90's I was sure I'd find some US change even then. Sure enough a quarter under the seat rails...lives in the glove box now as a momento to its previous life.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Whenever I go to estate or garage sales, I look for 10mm wrenches, but, as you might expect, they too don't have any.

For my Spider since it isn't driven too often, I have a 10mm wrench in the trunk to loosen the battery cables. I'm willing to buy a non-name brand wrench just to have another around.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Working on my Volvo S80 T6 I was replacing spark plugs. Car has a lot of plastic and other items on top of the engine before you get to the plugs. Putting it all back together I dropped a 10 mm socket and a short extension between the transverse mounted engine and the fire wall. Took the whole front end, turbo and exhaust system almost completely apart, crawled underneath the car, used a mirror with a telescoping arm to look all around, used a magnet with telescoping arm to probe the area and never did find the socket and extension.
I think it is probably next to my mismatched socks in the alternative universe.

Kart54

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I know the feeling!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I have a gremlin that has been following me around for the last 20 years finding it hysterical to take my 10 mm sockets! I buy them monthly! lol

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
The best way that I have found, when I drop a socket or nut or bolt, is to take my air hose gun And spray compressed air all around the engine. Starting on top and then crawling underneath and continue spraying where ever there’s room to get the spray nossel under anything. You’ll be surprised at what falls out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Strange happening indeed.The multiple universe & the ten entering a wormhole can be the most logical explanation. It can happen opposite as well. I'm sure in some world close to earth their wondeing what happened to that vise grip i found attached to a hand brake line under the car.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Since the shutdown,..... along with all the deferred maintenance, I sorted all my tool I now have 6 10mm sockets 3/8 1/4 deep standard and 6 and 12 points.... and I found my Snap-on dial torque wrench...there is always an upside..

21 - 35 of 35 Posts