Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know, that is a mystery of the ages. Today I opened the hood to finalize the routing of the AFR sender, kinda around the brake booster, etc. and opened the cap to the clutch master cylinder just to look. I set the cap to the side just for a second to get a flashlight and rag and when I came back I knocked it off the brake master cap. No biggie, I will grab it when I get done with the routing of the cable. Started looking figuring I would see it on the garage floor, crossmember, etc. Hmmm, no where to be found. I started looking with the flashlight, where did it go? Finally after a few minutes I found it perched on the case, the little wide section of webbing underneath the header. Ok, got this. I reach down there with my meat hook, knocked it off the "ledge" and heard it fall. Musta hit the concrete. Nope. I looked for a considerable length of time, no findy. So I jacked up the front end, crawled underneath a looked and felt everywhere I possibly could. It vanished. I was lucky to find the top off of a can of PVC glue, clipped the swab off it and it fits and seals. Will I ever find it? Maybe, maybe not but for the time being it is partying with the 10mm sockets, somewhere in limbo.....

Reactions: Top Down

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:LOL: I'm sure all these lost parts end up on the side of a bumpy road somewhere.
I actually found a 10mm socket and a phillips bit when I pulled the motor the first time..... not mine....

Reactions: AaronsSpider

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
I actually found a 10mm socket and a phillips bit when I pulled the motor the first time..... not mine....
When I was a kid my dad stripped all the emissions stuff off of a new Lancia Beta he bought. In the process he found a small wrench (6mm or so) a bottle opener and a little packet of Italian postage stamps!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I once took my S2 for a test drive and thought I heard something fall on the road, maybe maybe not. 9/10 I would just go on and forget it, but this time I turned around and went back to find a Snap On screwdriver, yep it was mine!

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
You buy a 10mm nut driver.. if fits in tyhe hip pocket ans won't tear a hole in your seat and i doesn't get lost... Three favs 10/8/7 always handy nd easy to find in shallow wrench drawer

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I once took my S2 for a test drive and thought I heard something fall on the road, maybe maybe not. 9/10 I would just go on and forget it, but this time I turned around and went back to find a Snap On screwdriver, yep it was mine!
Snap on even..... nice!

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's amazing where they can hide...

Reactions: alfaromeoblack

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
37 Posts
PO left a 10mm sock and ratchet in the spare tire wheel well for me. He must’ve been using it to connect and disconnect the battery. Bonus for me.

Ken Smith
If you think about it, not a bad place to store a dedicated battery 10mm socket and ratchet <grin>.

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 35 Posts