Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke-off 4 lug bolts. Where can I find Lug Bolts for a 71 GTV?? Tried Centerline. They said they can no longer get these. Also tried Checker and Autozone.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All 4 on the front drivers side. The guy at Apple motors is looking around his shop but he didn't sound too promising.

Thanks, Greg

·
Super Moderator
10,210 Posts
GregTV:

You might try a NAPA store, or someplace similar. That is, the local store that supplies the auto repair shops in your area. Stores like Checker and Autozone are good places to find car wash, and fuzzy dice, but for serious parts, you might have better luck at a NAPA. Of course, the staff will give you a blank stare when you say the words "Alfa Romeo". It would be helpful to bring one of the old, unbroken lug studs.

Note that the length of the stud will depend on whether you are running steel or aluminum wheels (wheels like Cromadoras or Campanoglas take much longer studs).

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Might be a good time to replace your front rotors. I think most of them have the studs already installed and probably not that much more than what 4 new studs would have cost. I'm guessing that the 71s still had left hand threads on the left side of the car, which is probably why you broke them. As a teenager, I broke 2 or 3 of the LH studs on my '48 Willys panel truck before I discovered there was such a thing as LH threads. No reason not to switch to RH that I can think of.

Bill

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LEFT HANDED THREADS!?!?!?!? I guess thats why I broke them all off. My 73 wasn't left handed. Ok, now I feel like a total jackass. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts