Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mechanic says I need a carbuerator kit to reseal the carbuerator(s) in my 1972 Berlina. What exactly is that, and does anybody know where I get one. Also, does one kit address both carbuerators? THanks

·
Registered
699 Posts
First you have to identify the carbs

Hello,
From your question, you seem to be new to the board or at least your Alfa.
So let me say welcome and I think you can help.

If your car has two carbs, they are most likely either Solex, Weber or Dell'Orto
You must peer into your engine compartment and find the makers name of your carbs. Next look closely and find the model. Webers will be 40DCOE or 45DCOE etc. Write that stuff down and then call a good parts house. If you are in the US you have many possibilities. If you are not in the US you have many possibilities also. Find the very first group of threads of this board and find the thread called Suppliers. There you will find a list. Try one close to you so that your money is spent on parts not transportation.
Godd luck

·
Premium Member
27,161 Posts
Mechanic says I need a carbuerator kit to reseal the carbuerator(s) in my 1972 Berlina. What exactly is that, and does anybody know where I get one. Also, does one kit address both carbuerators? THanks

What kind of carbs Weber 40DCOE. 45DCOE or Dell'Orto DHLA OR SOMETHING ELSE? Kit is for one carb.

http://www.international-auto.com/ search for kits item 73609 for Weber and 52529 for Dell'orto.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
I just bought Weber kits from NAPA. The kits are RedLine and contain gaskets, about $28 each.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does Solex C40(there is also a DDH designation on another line) sound familiar to anyone?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey Bill,
Solex C40 sure sounds familiar to me. I have no idea where you can get a kit for those in North America, but i should have a couple of addresses for Solex parts in Germany. If thats any help to you, let me know and i'll have a look.
A more detailed description of the problems you are having may clear up whether you really need the kit or if you have some other problems... carbs have a tendency to get fingers pointed at them, especially Solex carbs.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob, if you can come up with an address, I'd be grateful. I can't find anybody in the U.S., so far at least, who handles kits for Solex. My mechanic says I need them, and even I can see at least one of them is leaking at the gasket.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey Bill,
i'm not very well organized yet after recently moving, but i'll go through my stuff and get back to you with adresses within a few days.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
362 Posts
Address

Hey Bill,
sent you a PM with address etc.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
210 Posts
Try these guys: www.lanzonicarburatori.com

You can correspond in English. They will have whatever you need. I have no ties with them other than I got kits from them for my Lancia Fulvia which is equipped with twin Solex carbs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you all so much for the input on the carb rebuild kit for solex. here's what i've found, for those few of you in the u.s. with this kind of carb. the europeans all stock the kits. i bought ours from alfaholics.com., but the day i made the order i got a catalog from international auto parts, domestic, that also stocks them.
just to add something: i've been reading brock yates' biography of enzo ferrari, and i've learned so much about the historical place of alfa. he would never have reach the heights he did without the help of a truly great marque, alfa. we should be proud to have any association with alfa. but you all knew that.
i thank you all again. bill grady

1 - 14 of 14 Posts