Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I have 1972 alfa romeo Gt junior 1600 bertone that was imported to Portugal from italy in 1975 or so i was told from previous owner , is there a possibility of someone telling me where i can do history check of my car and what number of production was it etc
Regards

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have to say I was a bit disappointed when I contact Mr. Fazio about the build sheet for my GTV6. He was able to tell me it was Red with a Black leather interior when built. When I asked if he had the engine block number or details about the trim (Balocco #114), he asked me what I have and after I gave him the number off my block he than confirmed that was the correct number? I am guessing the GTV6's really were the Red headed step children of the Alfa family! (No offence to you red heads out there)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I gave him the VIN, year, make and model of my car. I sent it last night at about 8PM and in the morning I had a response, very fast turn around, not to mention Time difference from Italy to New York.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Okay cool thanks i am from Portugal not too farfrom italy , i sent him like you said , and i even gave him the number plate number it had in italy before it was shipped here
Hopefully he can find out about my car
Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I notice how friendly fellow alfa owners are , im glad to be part of it my alfa is my first car and i spent 2 years rebuilding it from rust to glory , and its nice to share the same with other people , not to mention thos forum helped me alot during the rebuild

Cheers
mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Mikethree,

did you got any reply from Marco Fazio on info about your car? What kind of information did you get?
I have a 88' Spider and I am thinking on sending him an email also to get more info on the car.

By the way, are you from nearby Porto? I saw one red GT in very good condition a couple weeks ago, got me thinking if it was yours since we don't see that many :)

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Hi Mikethree,

did you got any reply from Marco Fazio on info about your car? What kind of information did you get?
I have a 88' Spider and I am thinking on sending him an email also to get more info on the car.

By the way, are you from nearby Porto? I saw one red GT in very good condition a couple weeks ago, got me thinking if it was yours since we don't see that many :)
Marco switched jobs and the centro is currently closed, but should be up and running again soon (take that with a grain of salt, it's Italy after all...)
More info here: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-1963-1977/523090-centro-documentation-services.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got an answer from them an hour ago, they were pretty fast to reply :) but it's like you said, they are closed, their response:

in order to improve our services, we’re rearranging the archives at the Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo (Arese). For this reason, the researches of car registry information are currently suspended.
In the next few months, the service will be reactivated with a new dedicated website.

We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.

Best regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts