Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like a bit of an idiot! We’ve just reassembled the 164 after reconditioning the steering rack and resealing the oil pan. I have these two round metal spacers left over. The subframe was right down and the suspension fully disassembled on each side. Do they look familiar to anyone? Any suggestions where they are from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,696 Posts
Man I usually know every single part on the 164. Subframe maybe rear but they have longer plates as spacers same with front.

Radiator support spacer comes to mind.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Certainly reminds me of the hefty washers used in the rear suspension. There are two thick spacers used on the front subframe, but they ain't round, but big oval ones.

·
Premium Member
26,739 Posts
If you had the lower suspension arms off they are the item 14 spacers between front long M10 mounting bolts that go through subframe sideways to hold the those rubber bushing tie bars to subframe. There should be two bushings per side one per long bolt. I installed horseshoe suspension adjusting shims in place of these spacers so I could do some adjusting if needed. I just installed stack of horseshoe shims same thickness as those spacers. Never did do any adjusting though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the lower arm front bush spacers are accounted for (and we didn’t remove the lower arms) and the radiator spacers are also oval (and present). Any other ideas?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That photo is a bit confusing, it’s taken from under the car and I’m pointing at the gap where the spacer goes. I figured it out looking down from the top though.

Just test drove the car - first time back on the road after 6 months. Great to be driving it again. I managed to reseat the steering column a quarter turn anti clockwise though after having the rack out. I have a new indicator/ lighting stalk to install so I’ll move the steering wheel then. I’ll just have to reset the Photic sensor on the column after with help from the Alfa diagnostic tool purchased from Pinino 4 years ago!

·
Premium Member
9,696 Posts
Found it! There are also round radiator spacers. Noticed the gap looking down from the top...

Whew, I still got it. ;) haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts