Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know offhand? I don't have a Cams handy.

The ARA website has a 2006 calendar, which isn't real helpful, in fact confusing, trying to figure out when the 2007 Alameda All-Italian show is. Thanks

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I've heard it's on Sunday, Oct. 7th...

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Yes, October 7th, however, the deadline has already passed if you wanted your car to be in the handout, but that shouldn't keep you from coming. You can still, of course, have your car there. Make sure to show up early!

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
I am thinking about bringing my white 164Q down for the show. Where can I get directions and what time do I need to be there?

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
I answered my own question about directions from this website, but I don't know if I come down, will I be allowed to park with the rest of the cars? Or will I be on the street? Getting up at 4 A.M. to get to a car show will be a feat for me on Sunday.

S

·
0 Posts
Just wanted to say it was nice meeting some of the locals today at Alameda, at the very laid back Alameda All-Italian Show - I brought my 749s Ducati, but all of my time was spent admiring some incredible Italian car works.

I saw a stunning, dark blue Milano, which had the RSR suspension, that changed my whole opinion of the model.

I saw quite a few GTV-sixes, which was my primary reason for going, and got to ask some important questions.

I met Grant, and a few others, including the owner of the aforementioned Milano, whose name escapes me (sorry). All in all, a fun time at a worthwhile event (supporting the Special Olympics).

Thanks.

David B.
1986 GTV-6 (Black-62k)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just got back from the Car/Bike show and then the Blue Angels. I had my Ducati monster there, the dark one on the end. David, was that your tricked out 749s with the snake skin seat and Ohlins bling? Very nice!

I loved the GTV6s and every pretty much every other car that was there. I spoke with someone (young guy) breifly about their red gtv6. It really makes me want to buy one again. Was that 75RS Greg Armstrongs supercharged Milano? It looked very familiar.

HOW THE HELL WAS THAT NEW SPIDER THERE? It was pretty cool seeing a new one there. Hope every one had a great time!

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
That spider has been legally imported a while back I believe - it's shown up at several Alfa events and is usually at the Alameda Show every year.
My pics from the event are are below my signature...

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah, Vinny, that was my '04 749s (10k miles). It also has BST c/f wheels, and a few other goodies - it's for sale if you know anyone looking. There were some excellent bikes there, too, I noticed, but my focus was directed toward the Alfas.

I agree there were some nice GTV-sixes there, I also talked to the young man about his red edition. I can definitely relate to his excitement as I await the completion of my GTV-6.

As a matter of fact, I couldn't help but imagine seeing my GTV-6 there next year. I look forward to that, and perhaps other shows. I will have to avail myself of the schedules. What's nice is that the owners are all willing to impart whatever knowledge they can to those of us aspiring to have our own special Alfas.

I enjoyed it.

Thanks.

David B.
Oakland
1986 GTV-6

S

·
0 Posts
Great pictures of the event, SFALFA, well done! That silver Ferrari blew me away.

D.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I saw a stunning, dark blue Milano, which had the RSR suspension, that changed my whole opinion of the model.
The 75 RS is my car. It's a 24 Valve 3.0 V6 and not a supercharger. It was a fun time meeting everybody. I've even swapped keys with the nuevo Spider guy and drove it a little on the streets.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
The show was awesome, well organized and a great turn out. How can you beat the weather? I had fun chatting with new people. Don, the fellow next to me with the graduate, and I had several long conversations from cars to planes. I saw several Alfa's on the way home from the show and honked the horn at a few. I will definitely be returning next year! Where were all the early Veloces, or 1900 or pre/post WW2. Seeing all the Lancia's, Fiats, Abarths and other exotics makes for a great show. If you didn't go, you really missed out.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Louis, driving impression?

You see, even in dark blue, your car was attracting quite a bit of attention!

Mine just seems to repel people.....and thieves :)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
That Datsun 410 is the most italian looking japanese sedan I've ever seen. I thought you were joking about it being a Datsun at first...

Jeff, it's too bad I didn't get to see you. I dropped by your sedan a few times.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That spider has been legally imported a while back I believe - it's shown up at several Alfa events and is usually at the Alameda Show every year.
My pics from the event are are below my signature...
Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Marc

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Thanks, Marc.

Grant, Yeah, where were you? I looked around for you but then got into a long conversation with a friend on the other side of the field. Oh well. Those Datsun's are cool little cars - I especally like the wagon versions. They're Pininfarina designed, which was why they were allowed to park on the outskirts I think...
I'm bummed by not meeting more people from the BB - I guess we need to wear those 'Hi My Name Is...." badges next year!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks, Marc.

Grant, Yeah, where were you? I looked around for you but then got into a long conversation with a friend on the other side of the field. Oh well. Those Datsun's are cool little cars - I especally like the wagon versions. They're Pininfarina designed, which was why they were allowed to park on the outskirts I think...
I'm bummed by not meeting more people from the BB - I guess we need to wear those 'Hi My Name Is...." badges next year!
I was there, and like you, didn't know who was from the alfabb. I did talk to Sean for a while, but I didin't see Grant.

And here's a photo... I have more, and will post them on my site when I get some time.

-- brett

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts