Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is getting to a point where the only parts of my car that remain alfa romeo is the following.. body shell, front and rear suspension, motor and bellhousing, and most of the wiring harness... I am now redesigning the dash, centre consule, seats( heated Miata ), rear end, and front end.. as for this statement..i will be leaving this site soon.. I will be back in a few months to post a photo or 2, but beond that..no more.. some of you have noticed that beeker is gone... another reason I am leaving..is some of the folks here( the T5 thing messed me up for 5 mins, but got over it ).. but I have noticed that , when I posted my T5 kit, I was scolded about the T5 tranny was a bad choice. but when someone else did the same thing,, that person said............................................................................................................................................................ yes nothing.................................at all............................some of my ' improvments also were scolded by this person.....( sorry have not slept for 2 days now...so I think a few words might be off )..I will be here for the next few days.. I have contacted the powers to be to take my account off... to my friends here. it was nice to met you , and play with you..

·
Super Moderator
12,040 Posts
I disagree, and find ALL your posts interesting and useful. The T-5 modification has been discussed with me by several BB members and several Alfa owners NOT BB members, ALL with positive comments.
I wish you would reconsider and continue to play with us.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Don't let these people get to you. They hide behind their keyboard, no integrity. PLEASE stay, and just ignore these pitiful humans.
Your posts are fun and interesting and I will miss you if you go away.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Certainly it's your choice.

However, you lead folks to think. That is healthy.

There will always be tension between those who modify their cars, and those that wish to maintain purity in theirs. Its natural, doesn't matter if its an Alfa Romeo or some other make.

Nonetheless, I wish you well.

Bob

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Don't let *******s ruin your day or modify your behavior--the world is full of them and they want everyone to be like them. You'll make 10k post yet

·
Super Moderator
12,040 Posts
Do I note a trend here? Just my opinion as usual....

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Bianchi

A couple of years ago your advice almost got me into a T5.

Could not find the ratios I needed.

Otherwise..................

Stay and play.

·
Registered
what part?
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you all might want me to leave anyway..i have been toying with a thought of that cool turbo diesel from the new chevy cruze... and 265ft/lbs of tq, and only 2300 pounds.. get up lots of go and 50 mpg..

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hey Man,

You entertaining and thought provoking. And if it was not for you scavenging a last minute part for me, I would never have made the ALFA convention in 2013.

However, a Chevy Cruze? Now I know you're loosing it. Get a Jetta TDI. Stay with the Europeans.

Seriously, put aside your demons and get some sleep.

Talk to you later.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I noticed that (lack of scold). I expect it's because that (very experienced and entertaining) individual only ever says something once. The only other option is he's softening with age, but I doubt it as I'm turning into a grumpy ba$tard myself as I get older (Merry Christmas)

If you really want a diesel then let me recommend the JTD. Fiat Power Trains (FPT, for when an Alfa isn't an Alfa) make some of the worlds best (yes, look it up). Import a 1.9 or 2.0L JTD and stick that in your spider (and smoke it).

I love my diesel Alfa, very little that would get me out of it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
you all might want me to leave anyway..i have been toying with a thought of that cool turbo diesel from the new chevy cruze... and 265ft/lbs of tq, and only 2300 pounds.. get up lots of go and 50 mpg..
GO for it. That sounds cool. If anyone could do it. It would be you.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Bianchi, when I saw the thread name I immediately thought of your car. I hope you reconsider and stay on the BB. I for one find your posts informative and entertaining.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts