Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that others have chimed in to support a fellow crap can racer in his search for some wheels for his Alfa. I too am in need of a set of wheels so I can ditch the factory 13" rims of our vehicle and upgrade to something less likely to roll over on itself, preferably 15" but 14" will do.

Biggest issue is I need the 4 x 98pcd. Someone suggested I post here for "turbinas".

I really don't care what they look like, so long as they can hold air and keep a car rolling for a while. Mis-matched (but same size&offset) ok.

I'm in San Diego (Escondido) if that matters.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Wheels

Spank,

Are you looking for steel or mag wheels? I believe that we have some in steel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh gosh, you know the type of cars I run, Wes :) so it probably doesn't really matter.

Steel would be fine but if it's not much more for alloy or for 15" then alloy.

Right now i'm sitting on 2 bare 13" rims on the front and 2 shredded tires on the rears. If I gotta buy tires, may as well get something a little bit wider than 155sr 13 !

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
4 x 98 wheels

Spank,
4 x 98 is a oddball size (go figure). The only cars that use it are Fiats, Lancias, Alfettas and Biturbo Maseratis. The Maser wheels don't have enough offset to work on the Alfetta.
Finding these wheels in 15" is rare. There are some out there but for the Alfettas they are quite pricey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hearing ya.

14" would work, especially if cheap. And as I look at the stock mounting method, using bolts instead of studs, steelies are probably the better "cheap" option, although converting to studs is certainly a better option in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts