Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for new alloy wheels for my Giulia. I would like a little concave like picture below. Vossen MX-1 looks great, but the price is outrageous.

Is 18", 8.5" with ET 25 ok with cleareance? The default ET 33 basically straight (don't like). The car is RWD 2.2 Super.

Any experiences?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for new alloy wheels for my Giulia. I would like a little concave like picture below. Vossen MX-1 looks great, but the price is outrageous.

Is 18", 8.5" with ET 25 ok with cleareance? The default ET 33 basically straight (don't like). The car is RWD 2.2 Super.

Any experiences?

Besides the standard wheels and those which come as part of an option package, Alfa Romeo actually have quite a large number of after-purchase wheel options for the Giulia in the parts catalog. For example, there are 17" seven-hole black ones which I assume are intended for mounting snow/winter tires on a QV [or other Giulia] where/when needed. I would suggest you look there first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides the standard wheels and those which come as part of an option package, Alfa Romeo actually have quite a large number of after-purchase wheel options for the Giulia in the parts catalog. For example, there are 17" seven-hole black ones which I assume are intended for mounting snow/winter tires on a QV [or other Giulia] where/when needed. I would suggest you look there first.
Yeah, but usually you can get better looking wheels at lower price if you go for third party make. Sorry for blasphemy, but I find Alfa's own wheels ugly or boring.

I went for matt bronze Bola B11.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, but usually you can get better looking wheels at lower price if you go for third party make. Sorry for blasphemy, but I find Alfa's own wheels ugly or boring.

I went for matt bronze Bola B11.

As is said, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." "Better looking," is a matter of opinion.

After-market, "third party," wheels are produced in rather limited production runs. If one is damaged beyond repair, you may find yourself having to purchase a whole new set simply for not being able to locate a match. I find no cost saving there not to mention the additional aggravation which that decision may entail at some future time. But then I've been a Ricambi Originali kind of guy since 1969.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts