Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a great deal on a set of OZ wheels for my Milano Gold. 16X7.5, ET30. questions...
1. The car is pretty low-will 205/50-16 tires work? I have Verde gauges, and the speedometer reads quite a bit faster that actual speed with present 205/45-16 tires, so I'm trying to get a taller tire to compensate.
2. My lugnuts are too short. IAP, sells a different lugnut which appears to be longer for their Panasport wheels. Is that the answer?
3. With regards to question 1, I am going to raise the front end slightly, so that it is about 1cm. lower than the rear. Will this enable me to run the 205/50-16 tires?
4. Is a 7.5" wheel too wide for the 205/50 tires?
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
As usual...it depends....

I have OZ Wheels, 16 x 7.5, with 225/40/16s Toyo Proxes. The car is slightly lowered front and rear. I have no rubbing issues except for occasional full lock during parking.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Can you put up a picture of your wheels? I'd like to see them.

I have been running 16 X 7.5 et 37 for a few months now. I had to go to kragen first off and buy 12mm X 1.25 lug nuts (they don't have ends on them, they screw down until they reach the wheel.)

On my car, 205/50/16 gave me serious rubbing issues. I couldn't even move the car. After reducing the castor (making it more positive) I was able to move the tire and wheel far enough foward so that it wouldn't rub on the rear of the wheel well anymore. Even with ET 37, when I hit a large bump, the tire would hit the top of the fender lip. I had to "flare" (beat on it with a baseball bat and fender roller) to get it to clear. ET 30 should be even worse! However, if you leave the car at stock ride height and don't hit huge bumps, you might be OK.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been following your adventures, Grant. I guess I'll set the ride height and go from there. Ken has some serious rubber on his car! I'm gonna try to get a pic posted tomorrow or Sunday. I would really like to get a tad more sidewall height than the 204/45's for a little better ride. I'v got sport springs, Bilsteins, and lots of poly. Some of our roads, while nice and twisty, are a bit rough.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I just got a great deal on a set of OZ wheels for my Milano Gold. 16X7.5, ET30. questions...
1. The car is pretty low-will 205/50-16 tires work? I have Verde gauges, and the speedometer reads quite a bit faster that actual speed with present 205/45-16 tires, so I'm trying to get a taller tire to compensate.
So the car is a Gold with a 4.10 ring and pinion? No wonder the speedometer is inaccurate, you need a 2.5 cluster with a 4.10.

Just use 205 45 16. You will have the least problems. The 205 50 16 are a little tall and you want to raise the car too?

Yes you can use 205 on 7.5J wheels. I think 225 40 16 would be better but is almost nonexistent now. You might have some clearance issues. It all depends on the car. Trust me!

·
Registered
100 Posts
So the car is a Gold with a 4.10 ring and pinion? No wonder the speedometer is inaccurate, you need a 2.5 cluster with a 4.10.

Just use 205 45 16. You will have the least problems. The 205 50 16 are a little tall and you want to raise the car too?

Yes you can use 205 on 7.5J wheels. I think 225 40 16 would be better but is almost nonexistent now. You might have some clearance issues. It all depends on the car. Trust me!
i have 245 40 18 on the rear and 215 40 18 on the front and they fit perfect!! (now)

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!
I have done a bit more research and it looks like 30-35 ET is the zone. I'll probably stick with 205/45-16 tires. Also, I have 2 of the Gold gauge consoles in my parts stash. Even thought the orange looks cool I'd rather have more accurate speedometer. I prefer speeding to be a conscious choice. I'll post a couple of pics of the OZ wheels, and the Borbets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts