Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the bolt pattern size that would allow an aftermarket wheel to bolt right up to a 1973 spider? Thanks for assistance!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
4x108 mm. Offset anywhere from the OEM 38 mm to the aftermarket 20 mm. You do have to watch for the size of the opening in the middle of the wheel nonetheless. (The wheel center cap is 49 or 48 mm.)

Best regards,

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought some 205x50x16 wheels and tires from CheapWheels.com and the hub rings to get them to a proper fit and have found them a revelation in sticky cornering.
I know that ALFA puerist may have a problem with the big tire look but it sure feels a lot better than the original wheels and rubber.
I got the whole package of four tires (Bridgstone Potenza 50 series) and TSW Kyalami 16x 7.04x100/108 ET20mm hyper black for $1000.00 and I can't see myself going back to the 14" rims and gumball tires that came on the car.
I kept the old rims in case I want to put them back on with so Hoosiers to due autocross and not get nicked for the 50 series tires.
I'll post a picture in the next couple of days and see what folks think.
jim

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
have found them a revelation in sticky cornering.
Real men drift ;)

I wish I could re-find an old pic I saw of Dan Gurney (Eagle Weslake) and Jim Clark (Lotus 49b) in a slightly overhead shot going side by side through the Curva Grande at Monza in full four wheel drift during the 67 F1GP. Give ya a whole new appreciation for what the word really means as opposed to what the ricer kiddies want it to be :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts