Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recommend a good wheel shop in the NYC area that can refinish my S4 OEM rims?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
A suggestion:
My 87 Quad has 15" phonedial wheels. The PO had them refinished, rather than painting them he had them polished, they look like chrome, look great and easy to keep shiny. In this case it was less expensive to polish than to paint.

Best regards, Elio

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need to get them completely refinished since there is some curb damage on them

·
Registered
889 Posts
Wheel refinishing

I don't know how far you want to travel, but I have had three sets done in Westfield, Massachusetts:

Specialty Restoration and Refinishing
91 Servistar Industrial Way
Westfield, MA 01085

(413) 562-1536

They have done repairs to both alloy and steel wheels for me and use a two part epoxy paint in the correct BMW Polaris Imola 060 color. Ask for Dan. Tell him Terry the Alfa guy sent you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Before ordering your paint you might want to look at this:) 06-28-2007, 10:55 PM
ga_mtn_spider
Registered User Join Date: May 2007

Something else to ponder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dug out the old PPG paint book and have both polaris silver codes, Yep that's two. I looked for BMW code 060 and come up New Polaris Poly used from 1975-83 then in 87 and it is a BASECOAT/CLEARCOAT color. The PPG number for this color is 33086. Now the second find is BMW code 60 Polaris Silver Poly single stage used from 1965-1974, the PPG number for this color 32589 Ready for the coin toss Just so you know, these are two completely different colors folks. I didn't want anyone to think the only difference in the two was single stage or bb/cc

·
Alfa-Less
506 Posts
I just got my spare 15" phone dial striaghtened and silver powdercoated & clear-coated. I did the spare as a test for both finish and color.

Very happy wth the result and will likely do all 4 street wheels before Watkins Glen in September.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any recommendations in the NYC area? i am still looking for a shop. not willing to travel too far. thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Call the alfa shops in new jersey. I use Eurotech motors in Livingston, NJ. About 25 miles from NYC. There is another restoration shop in Newark that Zunige recommends, but I've never used them. The advantage to the Newark shop is that it is accessible by train from NYC. Livingston is not. Either one should be able to recommend a shop to refinish the wheels.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am trying to keep the car original - so no aftermarket rims for me. the only aftermarket thing i did was replace the stereo.

·
Registered
758 Posts
i am trying to keep the car original - so no aftermarket rims for me. the only aftermarket thing i did was replace the stereo.
LGB .... I JUST WANT TO SAY I SAW YOUR SPIDER AT THE JOE SHOP .... REALLY NICE !!!! ONE OF THE BEST SPIDER I HAVE SEEN AND REALLY NICE COLOR COMPO. GOOD LUCK WITH IT .... BY THE WAY JUST MY OPINION YOUR RIMS ARE IN GREAT SHAPE TOO. FRANK

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks frank - adding performance springs to the car right now - some curb damage on the rims - not a high priority but something i will eventually want to fix in time.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
I just got my spare 15" phone dial striaghtened and silver powdercoated & clear-coated. I did the spare as a test for both finish and color.

Very happy wth the result and will likely do all 4 street wheels before Watkins Glen in September.
Are those the original P6's? I don't think that style is available anymore.

·
Alfa-Less
506 Posts
Are those the original P6's? I don't think that style is available anymore.
Yes....it's my spare and it still has the rubber points sticking out all around. It has never seen road time and rarely seen the light of day. I have Bridgestone's on the road wheels......Never got the road wheels to the refinisher this summer so they will go while the car is in winter storage.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Yes....it's my spare and it still has the rubber points sticking out all around. It has never seen road time and rarely seen the light of day. I have Bridgestone's on the road wheels......Never got the road wheels to the refinisher this summer so they will go while the car is in winter storage.
Ah yes, I still have my original P6 spare. Thought maybe you had a source for NOS P6's. :eek:

I like the look of the older tires.

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts