Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need help, guidance and or opinions!!! I purchased a set of wheels without doing my home work and now (After much regret) have the following. Wheels on my 88 Alfa Quad spider, phone dial type are 38 offset, wheels I purchased are 28. I need an adapter of which I am being told will push out the wheel outward, by 30mm or 1.81 inches. I think there's enough clearance or is there? Can anyone chime in? I really love the wheels that is if I can use them. I feel they are unique in that they are Italian and have never seen such a style here in the US but then I could be wrong. Please help - Thank you!

·
Richard Jemison
7,371 Posts
offset

10 mm offset difference isn`t much, but if they are wider than stock you might have an issue.

Put them on the car and see if they will work.

·
Registered
179 Posts
From what i have read and researched 7 in wide and anything up to around 20 will work. I am purchasing soon 15 x 7 25et wheels. My stock wheels are also 38et. The 25et will sit out further and having the 15's will help fill the wheel well a bit.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Pacharrudo - your offset understanding is opposite. If you put a spacer on, it will decrease the offset number. If you want to make your 28mm offset wheels to be 38mm, you will have to mill the mounting surface of the wheel by 10mm.

I would not worry, though. Put them on as suggested and see how you like them. I have 15x7 wheels with 30mm offset that slightly rubbed the inside wheel well on one side. Created a very small bright clean area on the metal. I installed 4mm spacers which equals 26mm offset and all is well. I could have just pounded the wheel well with a mallet a little bit and be fine too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and thank you all for the great input and feedback. I went ahead and order the custom made adapters and in about a week I will have them mounted - just in time to enjoy that early spring drive!!!:grin2: Now on to my 164L same wheel project but she's going to be lower about 1.5 inch or so. Thank you all again.... because of your help I feel more confident!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts