Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1989 graduate has the plastic phone dial wheel covers. I'm not sure if they are original (?); however, they are what is on the car. One of them has a major paint flaking issue. The wheel cover appears to be undamaged...it's just losing paint. Anyone know what color silver I should use? I assume sanding with a very fine grit sandpaper is suffcient prep work?

Thanks,

Bill

[/IMG]

·
Registered
622 Posts
Wurth

Take a look at Wurth wheel paint.( IAP has it, I think) I am considering using it on my bumpers to clean them up, my wheels also need it, but they are Cromadora alloys. I have heard some people rave about this for wheels, but not sure on the wheel covers

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey Bill,

The plastic wheel covers were original on Graduates starting sometime in the 1986 model year, as far as I can tell.

Check out This Thread for a discussion on painting them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
painting wheels

I also have Chromodoro on my 86, and had them refinished by a refinisher my friend (body shop owner) told me about. They were completely re-done, missing spokes repaired, and powder-coated . Why ruin a set of very expensive and rare wheels to save a few bucks. My baby is a daily driver, not a trailler queen, but I will do all in my power to keep her great!!!:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts