Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all

Sincerely, before post this, I searched the majority of the forum.

I will paint my Campagnolo Millerighe / Turbina alloy wheels, but I don't know which is the appropriate color to do thar.

My idea is send the wheels to sand blasting and after that paint them, but I do not know which kind of grey, metallic grey is the correct one.

Do the wheels have any color paint code?

Thanks in advsance

Gonzalo

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
I go with a fine silver. Ford ZJJC, Mercedes 744, Toyota 1F7. These are all nice silvers. I am not aware of a paint code for Alfa wheels. Look at cars and pick a silver you like and get the paint code. I have been in the Auto paint business for 30+ years.

·
Premium Member
21,686 Posts
Folks say BMW Polaris silver is good for steel wheels, I don't know about Turbinas though. My sense was Turbinas were a bit darken than steel wheels, but that's memory, not evidence.

I used a metallic gunmetal on my GTV steel wheels, a bit darker, and I think it might be right.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm unaware of a paint code for Alfa wheels, either the factory steelies or the third party wheels cast by Cromodora, Campagnolo, etc. Keep in mind that besides color, the surface texture will play a significant factor on reflectiveness and the resultant color. Turbina's are known for having a rough surface, especially on the sides of the vanes. They were difficult to keep clean and one reason many owners chose to replace them with other wheels. I've seen some polished Turbinas with paint on the recessed surfaces, but way too much bliong for my tastes. Wurth Silver Wheel paint may be a close match, but it's very expensive at $25-30/can.

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
316 Posts
I did a lot of research before restoring my steel rims, to find the correct silver colour and sheen. The original factory colour is mostly reported as AR003. The closest available to that currently was Argent Silver, as it is not too bright (I have the Wurth Paint and it is quite bright on steel rims). I wanted a satin finish. I am also not sure that the third party wheels in alloy were the same colour?

Thttps://www.alfabb.com/threads/steel-rims-wheels.691710/

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
316 Posts
Good sheen Smithy and a slight greenish tint as on Argent Silver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts