Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of restoring a 1959 Giulietta 750 race car back to factory standard condition. The wheel arches have been badly messed up by being flared, and I want to restore them to a normal configuration by using patch panels rather than buying an entire fender panel for each fender. I have looked at all the usual aftermarket vendors including Wolf Steel without any luck. Any help in finding a vendor of wheel arch repair panels would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Erik van Cauwenbergh in Belgium produces wheel arch repair panels, at least for giulietta spiders AFAIK. Tel/fax 32 15204628.

In any case, I think you would do first and beter if you contact a metal man in your area. Those panels are easy to build from scratch with the right equipment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheel arch repair panels for 750 Giulietta

Does anyone have an email address for Erik van Cauwenbergh in Belgium? I would like to contact him about getting some repair panels for the wheel arches. Tried looking on Google without any luck. Thanks

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
What Erik van Cauwenbergh concerns here, I have to add I bought 6-7 different panels from him 5 years ago and they all were disaster, don´t know if he was drunk while fabricating them or what.....I had to completely redo two of the most needed ones and the rest I still have left as I fabricated my own instead.

He didn´t show any greater willingness to take them back either.....

P.S. Also as he apparently doesn´t have any internet/computor/emailadress, one can only reach him via phone, which makes many situations that need descriptions and explonations so much more difficult, at least how I found it....but ok, in the dark ages people also survived without internet....

Dennis

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
If you´re based in the US or where ever else for that matter, I´d rather contact Lionel Velez at Auto Italia Sportiva [email protected] and hear with him.
He started sheet metal fabrication for our Alfas some time ago and as far I know there haven´t been any complains over either his wiring looms or the metal parts, on the contrary....

No connection

Dennis

·
Registered
922 Posts
AlfaMaserati, if you want I can help you with contacting Erik. I speak the same language as he.
BTW he also accepts faxes and letters!

Dennis, which are the panels you bought from him?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Rafael,

I bought a left lower corner of the front valence, the front left fresh air intake (these are the parts I used and had more or less completely rebuilt), then it was the left sill, except instead of a 1600 Sprint sill I got God knows what, maybe for an early Sprint as it was much, much wider, and a couple of more items that I don´t even want to remember what it was, just remember one of them was my mistake as I confused it for another one thanks to those miniature drawings (wasn´t that good on recognising every sheet metal part of a Sprint body at the time).

Just as an example I´am attaching a pic of Eric´s sill in comparison with my Sprint´s sil. And he was very much aware of all ordered parts were for a 1600 Sprint, judge yourself....
Dennis

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.