Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting onto the Norwood lateral, here in Cincinnati, OH (Yes, I had to work today, engineering department only gets Christmas off), I heard a "wooosh" like a wastegate being opened up really close to my car. There was a family car next to me, not sure what was behind me, etc... I then wondered if I had gotten yet another flat tire (would've been the 5th for the year), so I slowly weave a little in my lane feeling the response and it seemed solid. 5 minutes later, I'm on I-75 going about 80mph (They really can go that fast) when I notice a red glare from behind my steering wheel, I duck down to have a look past the steering wheel and my oil pressure light is on (oil gauge don't work). I turn the engine off and coast to the side and strategically park under the interstate lights. Thinking to the woooshing sound, wondered if maybe that was my inferior (to some peoples oppinion) Fram filter maybe came loose or bursted, but the oil level was fine. I cautiously restarted the engine and low and behold, the light was out, I reved up the engine, it came on, then out, Hmm loose wire, but couldn't see the sending unit on the block, too dark on that side of the engine with the headers in the way...any ways, the light came on, went off, the gauge started to work (a miracle) but quickly died, oddly it showed pressure when the light was on, then died when the light went out. I did happen to notice my fuse box was hanging down, so I know I got a bad wire somewhere, will check into more in the morning...:confused:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Did that loud woosh colud be some electrical short?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did that loud woosh colud be some electrical short?
I suppose, but I really don't think that woosh came from my car. I've been having a hell of a time with my radio constant power failing, a quick look on the back of the fuse box last week revealed PO had rigged a power wire into it, so now I have to rewire and solder that back in to stop the problems with the radio...could it have been, your guess is just as good as mine....

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wire came off of the sender. Put it back on, but was loosely fitted, so tomorrow I'll solder a new one on, along with my stereo's constant wire as well....

·
Registered
366 Posts
dd,
How do you keep your fuse box up? Mine is held up with about (5) zip ties as the metal clip is missing. (Yes, I'm sure there's a joke or two there someplace.)

p.s. when'd you change the avatar?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dd,
How do you keep your fuse box up? Mine is held up with about (5) zip ties as the metal clip is missing. (Yes, I'm sure there's a joke or two there someplace.)

p.s. when'd you change the avatar?
Mine fits into place with the square peg on one side and the round slot on the other, problem is, my foot keeps kicking the thing knocking it down...

Avatar changed yesterday or the day before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts