Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats This- I need Moderator approval to post now? See Tremere613's recent thread in FOR SALE AND WNTED FORUM

·
Push hard and live
9,604 Posts
I just got "moderated" as well. Just what is a "normal" visitor? NO Alfa owners are likely to be normal, in the common sense of the word. Go ahead and let them see my unmoderated posts. I'm probably not a good match for "normal" visitors, anyway.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
11,985 Posts
I just got "moderated" as well. Just what is a "normal" visitor? NO Alfa owners are likely to be normal, in the common sense of the word. Go ahead and let them see my unmoderated posts. I'm probably not a good match for "normal" visitors, anyway.
First, please read here:

These are your options:

1) Moderated posts
2) Chinese spam

I not only have to deal with this crap, I have to deal with development who keeps having meetings to discuss how to handle all of the spam.

What do you want, Don?

the entire moderating team can let the AlfaBB fill up with Chinese spam.

Let us know.

·
Push hard and live
9,604 Posts
Osso....

Chill. The Chinese stuff doesn’t bother me much. I “ignore” the sender, reload, and BAM, they’re gone.

Mainly, I was laughing at the use of “normal”. Just doesn’t seem to be the right word for this crowd.

Also, I hadn’t seen your “read this” when I got moderated.

I feel your pain. I’m unable to play nicely with committees.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is it possible to do a "white list" where anyone who has posted a legitimate Alfa post is on the white list and they're posts can go up automatically. That might cut down on the number of posts you'd have to moderate. I have no idea what's doable or desirable.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
11,985 Posts
Osso....

Chill. The Chinese stuff doesn’t bother me much. I “ignore” the sender, reload, and BAM, they’re gone.

Mainly, I was laughing at the use of “normal”. Just doesn’t seem to be the right word for this crowd.

Don, thank you for your empathy. Honestly, I try to chill, but it's just not happening. I'm frustrated with the laid back approach that development has. I have asked for several tools. The most important one being, moderator approval of all new members. The response has been lackluster. I have been told "no" to a couple of suggestions as these suggestions will affect the "user experience". To some members, these spam posts affect their experience.

Is it possible to do a "white list" where anyone who has posted a legitimate Alfa post is on the white list and they're posts can go up automatically. That might cut down on the number of posts you'd have to moderate. I have no idea what's doable or desirable.
I have no tools to do anything like this. The old BB used vBulletin. We had just about everything at our disposal. This new software was rolled out before the development folks figured it all out. To roll out a new BB and not give the Moderating staff the tools they need to do their jobs is just crazy.

I've kept my mouth shut for a long time and tried to roll with it. All we want is it make the AlfaBB a pleasant experience for all who visit. We know that it is just not possible to please everyone. If we can please most of the membership, then we are doing our jobs.

·
Push hard and live
9,604 Posts
On the whole, I’ve been happy enough with the new site. The pluses are significant, but bugs remain.

The two bugs that are most irritating are in composing a post. I’ve reported both more than once.

1. When using an IPad, one must press “return” three times instead of two to achieve a paragraph line break AND get auto-caps at the beginning of the new sentence. Every other text program I encounter will accomplish the same with TWO returns.

2. Also when using IPad, inserting new text up in the already-composed body creates a supremely annoying problem. After the insertion, and returning to the end of the composed text, starting new text will immediately erase some or all of the just-inserted text up in the body. It can require a half-dozen redos to get it all put back right.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Osso....

Osso....

Thanks I tried this and it worked. Click on spammer's Avatar/icon and find and click ignor. reload and gone.

ciao

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts