Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stripping my 74 to go to the dippers and the rear drape, about a 9 out of 10, no rips, tears or holes is out. I'm trying to decide on re-using it or selling it to pay for a parcel shelf and carpeting.

My hound likes to ride on the parcel shelf. she gets better grip on a flat surface with german loop carpet (so she says)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just looking for the value before I move foreword. Where are they available new example? What have they been selling for in the past?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Does your hound ride in back OK, or does it ride fine in the seat? I've wanted to take my lab for a spin, but wasn't sure she would sit.

I didn't know drapes were worth anything; I threw mine out after the divorce. Never liked 'em. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts
Here's a datapoint for you. The two sides of the rear drape on my Duetto had been cut to accommodate speakers. I bought a pair of good used drape side sections for $75 from someone here on the BB. That was back in February of 2010.

OK, this doesn't directly translate into your situation:
- Roundtail stuff tends to sell for more than squaretail, since it was made for fewer years and is older.
- All I bought were the two side pieces; not the entire drape
- This transaction was almost five years ago.

As a sidenote, I would add that without seeing photos of your drape, it is pretty hard for BB members to comment on what your drape might be worth. "about a 9 out of 10, no rips, tears or holes" means different things to different people.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
understood. To me a 10 out of 10 means perfect. Just like new. Not a thing wrong with it.
-
To me as well, a 9 means it is not new, but with some armour all or some cleaner/refurbisher, it would look as if it were new. No one drilled holes for a roll cage or silly speaker system, just a solid but not new in box piece. I took it out of the car, gently rolled it with towels so no creases would appear and put it in a box where I rent garage space, about 20 miles from my house.
-
The hound would rather sit next to me, but if my girl (human type, mid-30s) is in the car, the hound is sequestered to the rear.
-
I'm not looking to get rich or rip anybody off, at the same time I feel some of my generosity and ignorance of selling parts by asking the individual "well, what do you think its worth to you" only to find out later they knew it was worth hundreds and he said, "oh, those are everywhere, you can buy new 1971 stainless bumpers everywhere, I'll give you $50 for them" has been taken advantage of.
-
So, I like to do a lil research before I price my items. This is my hobby, not my career. If I can offer parts to others so they can finish their dream project at a fair price, and I can still keep my hound in kibble, everybody wins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts