Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just bought a 84 GTV6 on Monday I am a bit gun shy on purchasing another car so soon but this Milano 2.5 gold is really clean. It's an auto so I do not like that but with 90k on the od and I know most of the work was done properly what would you guys offer? Here are some pics. P.S. runs fine, if not slow off the line, ac blows cold, good brakes, water pump and T belt done recently and seems a good daily driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
If it is as good as it looks, I would not hesitate paying $5k for this one. I know that sounds very low, but that edition just doesn't have a big demand, which forces sellers to lower their price in order to effect a transaction...

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's funny, this one is the same exact color as my 87 but mine was sueade and a five speed. My father came by the look at it and asked if I'd bought my old one back. I think I have to have it since they don't come as clean as this one too often. Who knows for what I'm going to get it for I could swap a five speed and 3.0 and have money to spare.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Std Milano w/auto (womans car). Assuming approx 150,000mi about $3800.00. Notice the glossy grey bumpers - not factory, that's a repaint, so worth looking at more closely (though I like it). Might be worth 5k to the right buyer. I paid 5k for an extremely clean Verde (rosso) and later, 5k for a very nice Gold (Platino Argento) with the 15" platinum wheels & sunroof, same interior as this one but pratically perfect. You have to look at all the amenities, how well the interior and engine compartment was kept (tells alot about the love), how strong it runs & of course - curb appeal (color).:cool:

BTW - I use the stock 14" rims for my bad weather set of wheels/tires on my GTV-6. ;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
I always like the threads and comments about "whats it worth?" Worth as much as somebody would pay for it. If the car is from rust free California, more $$$'s, from a rust city like Chicago, New York, northeast, seattle, less $'s. Make the deal and enjoy the benefit of buying 2 alfa's in one week. Drive the wife crazy. What's a few thousand here or there when you're purchasing fine Italian art?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once again I appreciate all the feedback guys. This is a one owner California car where the little old lady owner just passed away and her daughters from AZ wanted to unload it. I got it for $1500 clams! ;) Yes it's an auto but I could not pass on the deal, freeway crusing is great, off the line a Hyundai Accent would drop it like a bad habbit but hey, like 91spidernv says, enjoy an Italian piece of art.... Oh and the "wife" sees visions of profit up ahead and even chucked in half the cost! Got to love it!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Std Milano w/auto (womans car). Assuming approx 150,000mi about $3800.00. Notice the glossy grey bumpers - not factory, that's a repaint, so worth looking at more closely (though I like it). Might be worth 5k to the right buyer. I paid 5k for an extremely clean Verde (rosso) and later, 5k for a very nice Gold (Platino Argento) with the 15" platinum wheels & sunroof, same interior as this one but pratically perfect. You have to look at all the amenities, how well the interior and engine compartment was kept (tells alot about the love), how strong it runs & of course - curb appeal (color).:cool:

BTW - I use the stock 14" rims for my bad weather set of wheels/tires on my GTV-6. ;)
I'll have to check the bumpers it may be a respray but mine where cracked and folded and my foggy's were shot so I'm pretty impressed by the condish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts