Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent some time reviewing pics in the pics section (series 2 spiders) and I see no rhyme or reason why some are round and some are trapezoid.

Anyone know??

·
Registered
238 Posts
There's been a lot of discussion about this over time. The dealers did the mirror installation here on the early 105's, so, there was some differences in location and style. Having said that, the round mirrors were generally used up to and including the 1969 model year. The U.S. didn't get any 1970's officially and when the kamn tail came in they had the trapezoid mirrors. There probably were some '71 1750's with round mirrors and I had one guy tell me his '69 came with a trapezoid mirror. I'm sure some of the guys with long term ownership can chime in with first hand knowledge.

·
Premium Member
14,023 Posts
In "Original Alfa Romeo Spider" Chris Rees writes "Black Wipers were introduced in about 1976 followed about a year later by the new oval mirrors in place of the round ones."

I am not interested in originality and I am trying to figure if bullet mirrors would look good on an S2 in Euro trim.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are several aftermarket trap mirrors on the market. Are some better than others? Are some to be simply avoided?

I hate adjusting mirrors again and again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts