Alfa Romeo Forums banner

What Wheels Best Suit a 105?

• GTA

Votes: 307 51.2%
  • Cromodora

Votes: 128 21.3%
  • Minilight

Votes: 106 17.7%
  • Other (please post a convincing photo)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 1042 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
had cromodoras... put on Panasports... I might be bias but I prefer the Minilite/Panasport/Superlite look...
15 x 7's - 30mm offset
Someone creative might be able to photoshop on your other wheel options so that you get a side by side comparison.....

BTW great looking car you have there :)
those cromodoras look hot...the panasports look good too (esp as they are a bit bigger), tough to choose between.

I'd be running them both on a rotational basis or road tyres on the cromos and track tyres on the panas. Now if you got a set of 15 inch GTA's as well, then there would be real trouble...:confused:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
For the earliest cars, I'm with Papajam on this one - steel with hubcaps looks the nicest, but you have to go for quite skinny tyres e.g. Vredestein, Blockley (?), Michelin, or super-expensive Pirelli's. Minilites are nice, too - but the original pattern and rim appears to be hard to find nowadays. I like that CF wheel shown above - very unusual and attractive.

I seem to be the only one banging this particular drum, but I just love the rare Campagnolo Giulia Ti Super stradale 15" wheel, which allows the fitment of a slightly wider tyre as well as having the standard hubcap held on by clips. Nobody seems interested in reproducing these, however, which I feel is a great opportunity missed - it's a nice crossover between the all-out TZ race wheel (non-exact repros of which are commonly available and on my car at the moment) and the standard rims. I did find an original set through a contact sent to me by a BB member last year but the price was astronomical.

Max, I'd definitely take a set from you!!!

Alex.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yes - but when you can't make up your mind, then put it to the vote.
Good work on the pic - maybe someone has a bit too much spare time on his hands...
You're in the same timezone as me so shouldn't you be working?
I work in an advertising agency so actually gave this to one of the art guys to mock up for me...
Still at work now so I'm obviously not utilising my time well enough :p
Got the momos in 15's mocked up as well... I didn't attach them before as it was a bit of a quick and bodgy job...
see attached

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I work in an advertising agency so actually gave this to one of the art guys to mock up for me...
Still at work now so I'm obviously not utilising my time well enough :p
Got the momos in 15's mocked up as well... I didn't attach them before as it was a bit of a quick and bodgy job...
see attached
Now I am totally confused, what do you actually have on your car ?:eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Trouble is, there are tons of nice ones.

I have posted this before, its my 72 on stock steelies just painted different but with the stock centers.

THe look was born of desperation when I was a broke college student working at a restoration shop trying to make sure I got a paycheck each week instead of just new parts, but I have since grown to like it. (And have since started my own shop and often dont take paychecks so I can buy parts for my projects...go figure)

THe outer lips are basic BMW wheel paint, Felgen Silver, and the centers are satin black.

I like the lowbuck aspect of it but would go with a GTA wheel if was doing it again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like these Team Dynamics wheels

This is my 71 1750. I just put these Team Dynamics wheels on with a set of Avon Tech 500M tires (205/5515)

The shop that installed them had to machine the center hub slightly for some weird reason but they fit and work well.

Steel wheels are fine as long as you're not looking to track the car. Weight is the enemy and unsprung weight even more so.

Here's a couple of pics: (sorry forthe quality, these are from my iPhone and I'm still figuring out the camera :D)

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I'm confused. What does SWMBO have to do with the choice of wheels?

Does she consult you regarding what fabric she should buy to make a new dress? Or which handbag to buy to match her new shoes? I dare say not. Just as, her opinion, counsel and input into wheels for YOUR Alfa should amount to zero :p
Like I said earlier, when I can't make up MY mind, everyone else gets a crack at doing it for me. Also, SWMBO has final power of veto on the financial implications of any "male" purchases, and vice versa - so yes, she does consult me on clothing and soft furnishing purchases.

The flip-side of this is, if either one of us goes crazy with the spending, the other is automatically entitled to match the expense. Now I have to be careful here since I think I was the last offender.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another wheel Id be interested to see on a nicely lowered 105 in the right colour with 225 tyres is the Ronal A1.

A favourite of my better half (I might have to do a deal with her where she gets a set of these and I get a set of the 15' GTA replicas), also from Ronal is the Bear....a great wheel for a Sunday cruise along the sea front, impressing your mates and earning the respect of the V8 muscle cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks good Mike.

Looks very similar to the Ronal. What wheel is it. Id love to see some more photos from different angles if youve got some.

Cheers

Timbo

·
Registered
62 Posts
"Id love to see some more photos from different angles"
me too ;)
I've collected several pix while searching for "the right" wheel for my red GT...one conclusion was that the colour off the car often makes the difference...
example:

looks better than

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Another wheel Id be interested to see on a nicely lowered 105 in the right colour with 225 tyres is the Ronal A1.

A favourite of my better half (I might have to do a deal with her where she gets a set of these and I get a set of the 15' GTA replicas), also from Ronal is the Bear....a great wheel for a Sunday cruise along the sea front, impressing your mates and earning the respect of the V8 muscle cars.
Must be for the Japanese female market.

·
Registered
458 Posts
My two favorites are Cromodora Daytonas and Panasports, specifically the 14x7 Panasports. My '73 GTV had Daytonas and my '70 GT Junior had the Panasports. The Panasports matched with 205/60 R14s are very mean looking and grip extremely well.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
First love - well, the one with 4 wheels anyway (the other was a brunette).

The classic lines of the 105 demand the original steel wheels IMO. I miss mine:(

41 - 60 of 1042 Posts