Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although my car is running well, I'd love to have a great reference for maintenance/tuning of my sidedraft Webers if I need it. What manuals are the best out there?

·
Premium Member
14,996 Posts
Look in the book reviews forum

Reactions: RenaissanceMan

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,996 Posts
The link in the above post is in the book review forum in post #2.

IMO the best books for getting a good understanding of Webers are the two by John Passini but they are long out of print and Passini has a strange writing style.

There is a lot of information in several threads on here that are easy to search for. Here is a good one:

Reactions: RenaissanceMan

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
IMO the best books for getting a good understanding of Webers are the two by John Passini but they are long out of print and Passini has a strange writing style.
I agree that the Passini books (later published as a single edition) are a challenging read. I think his stream-of-consciousness style was just that: he probably recorded his thoughts and then had them transcribed. As I puzzled over his "writing" I decided that learning to decipher Passini was a rite-of-passage---there really is a wealth of Weber specific information there. I put the Passini book up there with David Vizzard's "The Theory And Practice Of Cylinder Head Modification" which, alas, is also long out of print. A local library may be able to obtain the Passini book on inter-library-load.

·
Premium Member
14,996 Posts
I think his stream-of-consciousness style was just that: he probably recorded his thoughts and then had them transcribed.
With a sprinkling of sarcasm.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
With a sprinkling of sarcasm.
The result of hours and hours pouring over his rambling text until in a blinding flash of transcendent epiphany I'm damned if the guy didn't start making sense! I have to say, I've never been quite the same ever since . . .

Reactions: ConsoleTVMan

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Repeated quote. Text removed. Is there a delete function I don't know about?

·
Premium Member
14,996 Posts
Do you think that I will understand Finnegan's Wake if I give it another try?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Four stroke performance tuning by Graham Bell has a good fundamental description of what jet does what and how to size Venturi for engine size and Weber carburetors by Haynes has all the rebuild instructions and diagrams

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really awesome information, folks, thanks so much!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Des Hammill
How To Build & Power Tune Weber & Dellorto DCOE, DCO/SP & DHLA Carburettors 3rd Edition (SpeedPro Series)

^ I just bought this book. Didn’t know there was a book reference section to the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts