Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
799 Posts
That's actually something I've been wondering about too for my Alfetta GT. The normal weatherstripping looks like it's pretty much just windlace with normal glue on trunk weatherstripping glued to it. If you know I'd like to get all new stripping, but particularly for the doors and hatch.

· Registered
4,986 Posts
There's a long thread on this topic with a lot of detailed information. Sources are Highwood Alfa in England, and Mr. Fiat.
IIRC I think Vintage Milano and I were knee deep in that discussion, but it could have been another BB member. I'm looking for it...

· Registered
4,575 Posts
There's a long thread on this topic with a lot of detailed information. Sources are Highwood Alfa in England, and Mr. Fiat.
IIRC I think Vintage Milano and I were knee deep in that discussion, but it could have been another BB member. I'm looking for it...
Some members have had trouble getting a response from Highwood the last few months. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing.

· Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Doors I got some stuff from Amazon, referenced in this post,

Under the rear hatch I used the stuff referenced in this post,

I’ve been happy with both so far. Window edge seals etc I did get from highwood and was very happy with that experience.

· Registered
799 Posts

I’ve been happy with both so far. Window edge seals etc I did get from highwood and was very happy with that experience.
Wow, that looks like literally the exact same stuff for a fraction of the cost, awesome! The stuff for the doors looks like the same stripping they used for the rear most windows on the inside of the car as well.

· Premium Member
2,506 Posts
This might be the thread you were thinking of with discussions about all the various weatherstripping....

· Registered
4,986 Posts
This might be the thread you were thinking of with discussions about all the various weatherstripping....
Right! That's it, I was looking for it last night about midnight, with no success.

· Registered
1982 GTV6 2.5
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

How much did you use?

· Registered
4,840 Posts
For what it's worth: I've used the Centerline seals on several GTV6, and I recently tried some seals sourced from Amazon because Centerline was out of stock. The Centerline stuff is Italian-made and the door seals had the fuzzy felt covering on the pinch seam portion. It is noticeably higher quality and is a better fit than the stuff I received from Amazon. I would call the Amazon stuff "good enough." I also tried some supposedly German-made (but who knows) weather stripping that was very good, but without the fuzz on the door seal.

@NormallUsername I have an engine compartment rear seal, hatch seal, and a pair of door seals from the German supplier (local shop) I would sell you for a good package deal. I might also have a pair of the fender-to-engine compartment seam seals. Send me a PM if this is of interest to you.

· Registered
2,434 Posts
I bought some door seals from JC Whitney intended for an Olds that's almost identical to the Alfa's original. It's been so long I have no clue what the part number was, but I'd be surprised if I didn't post it in a thread here about door seals. I'd have preferred to use the exact profile as the doors require more force to close, but it works. So yes, there are options that might be "good enough" and are also readily available for fewer dollars.

· Registered
108 Posts
for those not interested in the spendy stuff, (yes, mr fiat is really expensive), highwood alfa looks much more reasonable. (i wonder if the quoted price is enough to do a single door?)

if you're looking for budget, but don't want to be funding jeff bezos' space travels, (i've sworn off amazon quite a while ago), ebay has some options:

same as amazon, a bit less expensive;
Car Weatherstripping Door Rubber Seal Horizontal Bulb Molded 0.62" Bulb Height x | eBay

and:
Heavy Duty Rubber Seal Edge Trim,Car Weather Strip-Absorb Impact/Anti-aging 16FT | eBay

and (same vendor, two different sizes):
www.ebay.com/itm/144135108638
Rubber Seal Edge Trim Strip Lok Car Door Anti-noise Large size 14 ft | eBay

doug s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.