Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 140 of 289 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
That heliochronometer (how do you spelz that?) is a beauty! Hard on the wrist though, I bet!
Gordon Raymond

·
Registered
147 Posts
Heh, they are genrally worn on the head. Of course, you must face direct south to get an really accurate reading!

Cheers!
Dave G.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well Guys I am introuble here I am a Horologist. I live for Gears!
I love the history and Heuer has the Race car history! not Tag Heuer but before tag , Tag came in in 84-85
I where a Heuer Dato triple date chrono Black dial white subs in the 50s Alfas as it just seems to fit the cars so well!
Most of the time I where a beater Heuer chrono of some sort.
I will psot a few of the chronos I use. The PVD cased Heuer on my raido is a all the time watch its a 1970 7750 4 herz auto 28,800 beets .
Some other tool watches for you History and art Enjoy.
I think I better not wast more band width. I can go on forever with this thread.
Hello,
By saying you are a horologist, do you mean that you are a watch repair person? Do you work on ETA (valijoux) 7750's? I have one that I looking to have some work done to it (mostly assembly, I have all the parts).
Thanks,
-Chris

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I bought this on ebay for about $100. It was sold by Alfa Dealers and has a limited edition number card that came with it.
After selling my real Daytona in 1996 and not wanting to pony up the $6500 or more for a new one I got this about six months ago and it's even got an Alfa logo :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Bugatti watch

Here's a watch I was fortunate enough to inherit from my dad :D

It's a circa 1980 Jean Perret "Bugatti" watch, which was commissioned and imported by the American Bugatti Club.

Jean Perret later ran off some for public sale, but with some changes to the face.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think of all my worldly posessions - my watch is the 'thing' that I would miss the most. This particular watch has been on my wrist since 1980...now with me 28 years and counting. Right now as we speak it is at Superior Watch Service in Brooklyn, NY (the only place stateside that services these gems), getting a $1,000. service! I only paid $300. for it originally and this is the 2nd time it has gone in for repair/restoration (they do it all and charge for it!).

I will be buried wearing it...:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hi Crew .. Love that sun dial.. I am sure some of our Greek BBers will pipe up "helio" means sun in Greek. where can one buy one of those?
Another asked If I do 7750s Yes. I started with Chronos one of the few who did there craft with high complictions 1st. Then onto scientific instruments ect.
***TCL; Revue is a Fantastic old Manufacture of there own movements. Aeronautical instuments. The Heuer Master time dash timers I posted have movmenets by R.T. The movement in yours posted I beleave is a 2824-2.
****Soccerismon; I love any of the L. 5100 movements chronos.
Here are just 3 of mine, a Heuer a R.T. and a Tutuma , I have a PD and Omegas with the 5100 GMT also. One of my favs.
But the statement that (the only place stateside that services these gems) is simply Not true at all. The factory repair center for them in the east. Is in New Jersy at Pro Time Tag Heuer ETA USA.
We @ Accutime also do them and have been for years #1 or Tided in the west coast for years/ decads. I have done many for some BBers. The movement for these is a Pillar type and very simple. Also I bet you know the 5100 L. is the 1st Auto Chrono movement in space and the chrono will still work up to 7Gs only the 5100 can state this.. For the crew who do not know me Please no PMs I only do work that comes in on foot No mail work.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Crew .. Love that sun dial.. I am sure some of our Greek BBers will pipe up "helio" means sun in Greek. where can one buy one of those?
Another asked If I do 7750s Yes. I started with Chronos one of the few who did there craft with high complictions 1st. Then onto scientific instruments ect.
***TCL; Revue is a Fantastic old Manufacture of there own movements. Aeronautical instuments. The Heuer Master time dash timers I posted have movmenets by R.T. The movement in yours posted I beleave is a 2824-2.
****Soccerismon; I love any of the L. 5100 movements chronos.
Here are just 3 of mine, a Heuer a R.T. and a Tutuma , I have a PD and Omegas with the 5100 GMT also. One of my favs.
But the statement that (the only place stateside that services these gems) is simply Not true at all. The factory repair center for them in the east. Is in New Jersy at Pro Time Tag Heuer ETA USA.
We @ Accutime also do them and have been for years #1 or Tided in the west coast for years/ decads. I have done many for some BBers. The movement for these is a Pillar type and very simple. Also I bet you know the 5100 L. is the 1st Auto Chrono movement in space and the chrono will still work up to 7Gs only the 5100 can state this.. For the crew who do not know me Please no PMs I only do work that comes in on foot No mail work.
Hello,
In what part of Northern CA is your business located? I am from Cupertino, CA (Still my my parents there-whom I visit often). I am looking to have work done on a 7750 and could drive to your location if it is in the Bay Area. I understand you wish no work mailed in. I assume you prefer complete communication with clients to ensure their satisfaction 100%.
Thanks,
-Chris

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hi Chris Not to far up the 880 from you.
Yes you understand 100%....
Pm me your # and a time to call.
Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Very well said Peter. I would only add, from my experiences with those that love cars and airplanes, that a mechanical watch is the ultimate machine. If one appreciates fine machinery, here is a tiny, but most complex one that you can carry with you. It makes a noise, like a living thing, as it runs, and is an attempt by man to manufacture, a most most perfect machine that reflects ones personal tastes. Just my thoughts. Gordon Raymond
"Thanks Gordon." Well said to you both also!
"Thank You too Goats"; Accutron 1st came out to the public Oct. 1961.
Robert W. I feel like the old curmudgeon. No Problem. If you find that "old curmudgeon filter filter" on your word texy editor. I will trade you watch work if you help me install it on my computer too.

To give my 2 cents ... Yes the watch is on a big return in the last 12 years its getting bigger evey year. Google watch import #s. Yes, there Time check instuments.. + or - a second a day. As Gordon said so well.people have missed and are understanding the feel and Importance of a nice time keeper on there wrist. Now that you have a bit better feel of what some old curmudgen is talking about check it out. I bet you will notice it more now.
Let us know in time... No matter what the out come. Were all good Guys here.
Your point on time check. Nothing will beat a $5.00 quarts watch for accuracy over the long haul.
Yes, people where these and more than one a day. Due to new materals thay can be very light.

I bet I have a few of those old heavy ones you got. Do You still have it? Being a 6 Atm Chrono its a very well made one! worth a small fortune now.
And wow what a small world. I do not do PMs to often. But will you tell me Your Grandfathers name. I may have herd his name. What area did he work?
Its a small world we could have crossed tracks. One of my Satelite Labs is with a 3 generation Jewelers and his Granfather New My Grandfather and worked together in the city counsel. They where the Southern Pacific master time repair center.

Photo is of a old Steve M. Monaco worn by him in the Movie If you have not seen it rent it you will love it...
Its fully serviced and like new now.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thank you for that information. I didn't know very much about the watch or the maker when I bought it. I mainly was attracted by its appearance.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The presidential rolex goes for over 30k I think.
I really want a Breitling. Hell yea, or a Tissot. Those are real nice.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
"I have only one thing to say about that".( Forest Gump.)
Rol-x is a nice watch/ good watch. Rol-x is Fantastic at Marketing, as for 4Value Please do a Google check.....
For "cecoulter" great handle by the way... How did you come up with it?
Thought you and others may enjoy a oil chart for the V.J. Now E.T.A. 7750s
Enjoy
PSB

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
PSB, Don't think I want to do a lube / oil/ filter job on that one this week. WAY too busy! But now that I have the chart..... ? Gordon Raymond
{It is a great chart!}

121 - 140 of 289 Posts