Alfa Romeo Forums banner

261 - 280 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Sinn 556I automatic (brown leather band)

First new watch I've owned (worn) for about 25 years. I've never needed a watch to find out the time, it's handy though and looks nice. Wish it kept better time :)

·
Registered
3,807 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,422 Posts
$28 Timex digital. Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking, so to speak. Been reliable for 20 years now. Never comes off my wrist except for cleaning the band now and then. Who needs anything more?

Of course, for kicks, I do have a NOS Mickey Mouse watch (one of the original Swiss ones, bought at Disneyland in the very early days), and a new Alfa Romeo watch, but I keep them private in boxes for... memories, I guess.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Wow! An ancient Roman watch!

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
This is my watch. There are not many like it , and This one is mine.:laugh2:
Awarded to me by Home Depot (my 2nd job)
for "Excellent Customer Care and Customer Satisfaction" .
I think its a Fossil....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I just picked up a nice Invicta Auto two tone. The auto movement is pretty good. Not like my Rolex or Mido but it will keep time for about 30 hours when not on my wrist. It seems to be pretty built well too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
bump

Time for a bump... Happy Thanks Giving crew! hum will not let me post new photos........ Oh well. haven't posted in some time due to issues.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My Collection

IMAG1403.jpg

Left to Right:

1: Olympic/Raymond Weil (Quartz)

This watch was lent to be by the jeweler who took my Seamaster in for repair after it got moisture inside.
The guy initially told me to expect a 4 week turnaround, however that estimate eventually turned into 4 months!
When i finally collected my watch I had forgotten that I even had his loaner watch at home and he forgot to ask for it back.

So why didn't I return it? Well, I was in a rush when I picked up my watch and after paying $1050 (!) for the repair, I simply
put the watch on my wrist and off I went, - it wasn't til later that evening that I discovered the crown was jammed!
The watch wasn't unusable. I took it back to him the next day & when I complained, he told me he was the only official Omega
service agent in New Zealand and I could 'take it or leave it!'

That is the kind of "customer service" that means i'm not going to bother returning your loaner watch...

2: Citizen Divers 150m (Quartz)

My first watch, bought it when I was 16. Still works!

3: Citizen Aqualand Pro (with Depth Gauge)

Purchased 1991, was my everyday watch for more than 10 years.

4: Citizen Hyper Aqualand Pro (Digital Dive Computer)

The watch I actually use when I go diving.

5: Omega Speedmaster (Half Gold with 'Bond' Bracelet)

A unique watch, for wearing on special occasions. I made this myself by buying a Speedmaster & a Seamaster and swapping the bracelets.
I later sold the Seamaster for exactly the same money I paid for it...

6: Omega Seamaster 120m (with Multi Function Digital Face)

Bought 2nd hand in 2003 for my 35th birthday. In 2006 it leaked water the first time I actually went swimming with it! (see above)
Sold it in 2014 for similar money to what I paid for it (excluding the $1050 repair bill)

7: IWC MK15 Pilots Watch (Auto)

Purchased 2014. My everyday 'Bombproof' watch...

8: Rolex Explorer II

A gift from my wife...

**** Apologies for the poor photograph ****

·
Premium Member
15,422 Posts
$30 Timex Expedition.

261 - 280 of 289 Posts