Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the italian car your girlfriend / wife hated most ? & Why ?

Personally mine has to be the last Red Alfa 75 twinspark (milano) - the fuel tank was a bit rusty & whilst it didnt leak, it weeped a lot - so the car always had an odour of 4 star about it - including the cabin.

It came to a head when we arrived at a posh party & someone at the party announced that they could smell petrol..........it was me & the girlfriend !!!!!!!!! Personally there is only thing I like more than the smell of petrol or handcleaner........so the car went ! :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am highly monogamous and have only ever had the one Alfa (and one wife for that matter). I guess that means she has hated this one the most. But "hate" is a very strong word - maybe it's better to say this one has "challenged" her the most.

·
Registered
513 Posts
What was the italian car your girlfriend / wife hated most ? & Why ?
Mine hates em all - even if I don't own them. Its very wierd though - I had resigned myself to never owning one again and she encouraged me to buy a _very_ easy to hate example.

Why? - surely you jest. A question that should never be asked. The reason, you can be sure, is completely obvious, and asking would only show what an insensitive uncaring and stupid (ie male) a person you really are :confused:.

·
Registered
787 Posts
this one.... i believe the refrain was that heap of junk..bomb etc... funny though she drove it for a few weeks and her opinion softened.. i even got a 'its fun to drive!'

·
Registered
518 Posts
Alfasud 1.5Ti, I think the car hated her as well though. Stuff would always stop working when she was in the car and then mysteriously start working once she was out the car.... Shes gone but the Italian cars have grown in number.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I've only owned four Italian cars in my lifetime, and my wife has been there for all of them. She has enjoyed them all, but I feel that she dislikes the Fiat Dino, somewhat, mostly because the car isn't as easy to drive, and the wait time for warm-up frustrates even me. Her favorites have been the 124 Spider I had when we were dating, and the Alfa Spider I recently owned.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
My wife likes the Alfa:cool: - she hates my daily driver :)oJapannese but made in Tenn.:)) and asks me why I don't buy a real car:confused:. GF (I thought) at the time, liked the Green GTV too, but she dumped me

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My ex-girlfriend hated my 1750. She was a health and safety person for a big oil company and any car that wasn't dayglo yellow with full airbags and ABS was a death trap in her warped opinion. I mean health and safety wasn't just this girls job, it was with life 24/7.

Perversley I took her for a ride once in my then flat mate's piece of $hit, death trap MGB, which pre-ignites like a stuffed tractor and handles like a sofa and she told me she prefered that to my car. I couldn't get it into her head that the Alfa was so much safer a car to drive than that lump of crap, that it ran rings around it in handling, braking, design, style etc etc etc, you know the drill. I told her the 105 coupe was 15 years ahead of its time when it came out the same year as the MGB which was 5 years out of date even before the first car rolled of the line. No good. All she could see was cute little red roadster.

Pathetic how some girls go crazy over a car with no roof. Proves 3 things, 1. She had no taste 2. She wasn't the girl for me 3. MGBs really are a chick's car. Dumped her a few weeks later.

Oh and honey, if your viewing......I was lying, I did when I was in Tokyo.:D

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
that must have been my FIAT Ritmo Diesel......and to be honest, she was right.;);)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wifie hated the Milano. She is short (5'1") and felt swallowed up in the Recaro seat. She couldn't see out the back of the car because of the kick-up trunk. She said the mirrors didn't help. She always drove the car tentatively, which probably was a good thing. She was much happier when I got her a Honda Civic. So was I.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My wife refers to the collectively as "crapmobiles". As to which she's hated most, it's probably a toss-up between the Maserati Biturbo (which actually stranded us during a club drive once) and my current '71 GTV, which has taken up space in the garage and my time for months without actually running.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
My wife "disliked" my '83 GTV-6. It had great lumpy cams that made it sound like it was about to stall at idle. The exhaust was pretty much straight through with a useless stainless DTM muffler in the back:cool:. It had a set of Avo shocks that I always kept on "stun". It was smelly, loud and fast!
We drove it from Louisville to Nashville for the national convention. She complained that she couldn't hear for three days after.
She never drove it. ;)

I'm working her up to drive the Alfetta to the Vintage races at Mid Ohio next year. I'm sure that she'll go in it.

She still married me though:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts