Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all the knowledgeable alfa historians out there!

I was wondering if any of you knew how the "original" fuel hose fitting looked, on the scalino's and duettos of the 60's.

From what I've seen...but I could be wrong... ist was a sort of "Green Transparent Plastic (PU) Hose" of the same supplier brand (CAVIS) as the spark plug leads.

1) I was wondering if this is the way to go (as one can still find CAVIS transparent fuel lines on the Bay) OR...
2) better to leave it... as the looks may do the part... but because of security reasons this may be a very stupid idea (Personally I would understand this point of view)

So please be so kind to share: 1) Your historical knowledge on the original fitting 2) your thoughts, opinions and hints & tricks

Regards

Thomas

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks OSSO,

Yes you're right saying that it depends on the ethanol level/content in the fuel, as ethanol has the bad habit of deteriorating any "ancient" non-ethanol resistant rubber/plastic.

Thanks also for confirming that the original mounting was the Cavis Greenish Tranparent Hose (w/Romablocks I assume)

Thanks again

KR

Thomas

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
It could be wrong, but some time ago I did some reading on the hose clamps and I believe it was stated somewhere on the BB, that the clamps for the fuel lines were the copiglia / wind up style (I might have spelled that wrong...)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be wrong, but some time ago I did some reading on the hose clamps and I believe it was stated somewhere on the BB, that the clamps for the fuel lines were the copiglia / wind up style (I might have spelled that wrong...)
Hi Scalino,

yes you're right. Ossodisepia uploaded a chart with the hose clamps used for the various tubings used in alfas... but I believe this is for the older cars... maybe Osso has something 105/115 specific.

Regards

Toli0815

1 - 5 of 5 Posts