Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh, the joys of a rebuild done over many years. I'm getting ready to get my 79 spider back on the road. It has been in the garage sitting dead for about 6 years. The first year I pulled off the radiator, air pump bracket and misc parts. The next year, a little more. Then it sat for several years while life carried on outside the garage.
I just finished the getting the block all put together. (the tranny is soon to follow.)
Since it has been so long since everything came out and those parts were spread out over a long time.... I'm looking for insight.
What parts should be put back on the block before reinstalling?
Intake manifold?
Exhaust manifold (the exhaust manifold is pretty tight onto the rest of the pipe) Is it easier to put the manifold on now(easier access to studs) or after it is in? Front pulley assemblies?
any help will be appreciated.
Once I get the motor and tranny in I will probably be asking for help on putting the air pump bracket (mounting plate?) back on. I know there was a certain amount of large washers and a rubber spacer on it but It was 6 years ago (pre digital camera) I I just don't remember. Thanks for the help over the years!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
intake and exhaust manafold are not too bad to put on after putting the engine back in, makes it easier to get to the motor mounts if they are off
cliff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts