Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I am brand new here and hoping to learn more about the cars I have lusted after for far too long now. I am also excited to be closing in on my first Alfa and would like a little help in finding a good fit. I love the Giugiaro shape but I am not completely familiar with all the variations of it. I am also a sucker for a nice clean dash even if that comes at a compromise of ergonomics by not having everything in one place.

I will be using the car as a driver but I do not drive much at all and if I need to drive more often I have a recent Abarth that I can take out. Question is, what model year etc should I be looking at? I want to enjoy the car and fix it up as I learn (I am handy but just starting to work on cars) but I also want a car that will keep its value or increase in value which seems like most Alfa's do. I have joined the local Alfa club to learn all I can about these cars but I figured I would try to learn from all of you too.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
83 Posts
It depends how deep your pockets are....!
That will open the choices....
A late model 2 litre would be best.
Also carbs or Spica injection....?
Then depending on what you find ....there the rust issue.
A clean California car would be ideal.
An unmolested, original stock vehicle will offer you the virtues of this great design...
Good luck , happy hunting....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was hoping to get into something for close to 20k. Not sure about the carbs or injection, any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Not sure about the carbs or injection, any suggestions.
Lots here to be found on that debate via searching, but somewhat akin to best color, brand of tires, motor oil etc. A happy SPICA unit will last a lomg time, and it would make my decision based on the over call condition of the car wells rather than Weber (common) vs SPiCA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts