Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 spider graduate (red) the head gasket is leaking so if I have to redo the head and add the iap autocross cams and valves what type of horse power will that get?
Is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
what do you mean by ""redo the head"". many options there. Just putting in onther cams wont bring that much, and sometimes only trouble.

Its a combo of flow, timing, compression to get the best out of any cam.
search the forum..

·
Premium Member
23,892 Posts
Norman Racing's guess on my 2000 Spica GTV, adding Euro cams and big intake valves, no other changes, was maybe 5-10 HP extra. The IAP cams might add more, but to take advantage of cams you normally need to do other stuff, like mentioned above, porting, compression, etc. It all acts as a system. Also, the IAP cams are likely to add at the high end and lose at the low end, so depending on how you use this car, it might be tough to appreciate.
And the Bosch system is not readily adjustable unless you're a whiz or programmer.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,712 Posts
I've got the IAP cams in my 2L and have great power down low and up high but also have motronics, porting, headers, msd, rml dizzy, cut guides, springs of course, and Ingram HP pump, so yeah to really get the most you have to look at it as a complete system. Fun to drive for sure.

·
Premium Member
15,012 Posts
The big question is what will you do about fuel delivery? It is easy with Webers. Install whatever cams you like and you will be able to set up the Webers to get a workable solution. Bosch L-Jetronic is not so easy. Contact Alfar7. He may have some cams that will work for you and he will give you the finest after sales support if you are interested in optimizing them to suit your needs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts