Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m not a car guy, my grandpa has a GTV 6 that’s been sitting around his house for the last 20 years.

My brother bought it to fix up and it’s been sitting there ever since.

I’m trying to help my grandpa get rid of it, should I just call a scrapper and have them taken it away for $500, or is there a need for it with the right buyer?

the car doesn’t run, the driver seat window doesn’t even come up.

I’ve included some pictures, I’m near Atlanta Georgia.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,929 Posts
(I took the liberty of moving your post to 'cars for sale'.)

Sending it to the crusher would be quick cash (are they really paying $500?). But if it isn't terminally rusted (front suspension area of the inner fenders, floorboards, etc) then you might be able to get that much from someone who wants a project. Parting it out might net you more money but then it comes in piecemeal and over a longer period of time.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Thanks, Superman, for posting the car here on the Alfa BB. From the photos, we can't tell anything about the condition of the usual rust-prone areas, but if you want to unload it ASAP you came to the right place. Especially considering you're in or near a major urban area. I doubt if you personally want to get involved in parting it out.
Your post is also in the best spot here on this forum. Even if it's not restorable due to structural rust, there are many parts and pieces that can be sold off. Happens all the time, so watch your notifications or this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I would say “We’re all interested” as Heavy Metal says but the vicinity is the issue. I would love to visit the Southeast just to look at your project.
Please don’t crush it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello I’m not a car guy, my grandpa has a GTV 6 that’s been sitting around his house for the last 20 years.

My brother bought it to fix up and it’s been sitting there ever since.

I’m trying to help my grandpa get rid of it, should I just call a scrapper and have them taken it away for $500, or is there a need for it with the right buyer?

the car doesn’t run, the driver seat window doesn’t even come up.

I’ve included some pictures, I’m near Atlanta Georgia.
Hi
My name is Paul. I will give you 1500 for the car as it sits however need to know if you have a title ?
please reply to [email protected]

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm in agreement with all the input above. Even with some body rust it's not a candidate for the crusher. Just the windshield is worth $500, and as much or more for the seats! Glad a couple have made offers to bring it back to life!
Peter

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I think maybe a short "time out" should be awarded to ossodiseppia

But then again, that's just my thinking..................

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I think maybe a short "time out" should be awarded to ossodiseppia

But then again, that's just my thinking..................
"Beauty (and worth) is in the eye of the beholder." If both parties walked away happy, then that's as it should be IMO.

Reactions: slowcreek

·
Registered
167 Posts
Seller was a real nice guy helping his grandpa out. I did a facetime and went over the car. No rust on the car. Grandpa was a nice man also. I offered what it was worth to me and did not win still had to pay 1500 to ship it down.
For all of those nonsense comments, specially what parts are worth, non of you would pay for those parts per your quotes. $ 500.00 for a windshield :) I assure you you wont pay a dime over $ 100.00. Stop messing with the seller's head.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
IMO, having owned and restored Many GTV6s, I would estimate that car, in it's present condition, to be worth $1500-$2500.

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
ignorance... by itself reflects a very negative connotation and perhaps isn't taken as having a sympathetic meaning. in mixed discourse. . I think it infers a lack of knowledge accompanied by one's personal choice not to pursue it.

Unfortunately OSSO 's intent was not to mock the uninitiated or ill-informed poster by my take... Let's not get carried away with semantics and sentence word choices. . I read the guy was ill-informed.. There was plenty more fodder to respond to in this thread.. but I won't call them ignorant.. just opinionated .. which they too are entitled to as much as OSSO was. Let the scabs heal and don't pick on them .U. Besides the guy sold the car which was worthless to me. I do pick-up pennies in a parking lot though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts