Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
I just stumbled across this and was going to post, but it looks like I was beaten to it. How about a game of name-that-part on the front end? Kinda has a Mitsubishi look to it. It's clear a lot of thought and effort went into it, even if I am going to wake up crying tonight because of it. I wonder what's been done underneath, the listing includes outboard discs and a lightweight subframe.

Who has the cojones to take this to Concorso, Tutto Italiano, or Best of France & Italy?

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
i like frankenfetta. nice work and have always toyed with the idea of an alfetta roadster but who in their right mind would pick the blandest mitsubishi front clip possible over the alfetta/gtv6. i won't even start on the wheels

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
....but who in their right mind would pick the blandest mitsubishi front clip possible ....
I would imagine that everything forward of the dash is Mitsubishi - engine, subframe, suspension, ...

So, what would you register this as? The vin probably is from the Mitsubishi, and who knows, it might pass smog as a Mitsubishi.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
That's Terrys car. I thought id still had Alfa drivetrain?
Sounds like you know a lot more about it than I do; I was just speculating that there was a Mitsubishi engine under that Mitsubishi hood. But who knows? The ad devoted more space to describing the sound system than to the drivetrain.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've never been a convertible fan. I feel too "vulnerable". The two modifications to sedans I've always liked are turning them into a pickup or a sport wagon. Sometimes this is even done by the manufacturer. Think VW Rabbit, Mini, etc. I've also seen it done to some success with a Peugeot 404 and BMW 2002. I saw a valiant effort for taking a circa 1990's Corvette and turning it's hatch more into a wagon, similar to the Volvo P cars. Color me weird.

Nick

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Excellent argument against crack use

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'd rather have the camper in the background. Let's hope he doesn't design houses or anything else for that matter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts