Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this valve cover is for a Spider. Could someone please identify the model it fits. I really would appreciate it. I clearing out parts that I don't need.
Wood Gas Rectangle Metal Nickel

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
later model spider with the plastic clips, or, my 79 alfetta!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I honestly don't know. When I searched for pictures of Spider valve covers, I did get a picture of one just like this one but I don't know what series or year the cover fits. You links add another level of mystery.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
I would just advertse it as alfa romeo cam cover, originally for spica/smog.
I kinda think the smog pump stuff was CA only, but I may well be wrong....
I can see it has the rear brace, and I'm fairly sure it must have the two small bolt holes at front.

as those 4 little holes for the plastic tube holders can be blocked, it will fit most any 105 with the two front bolt holes.
It looks beautifully polished, someone will go for it as long as it is plane (not warped)

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I would just advertse it as alfa romeo cam cover, originally for spica/smog.
I kinda think the smog pump stuff was CA only, but I may well be wrong....
I can see it has the rear brace, and I'm fairly sure it must have the two small bolt holes at front.

I once owned a 1976 "49 States" Spider that had and air pump on the left side of the engine. I recall there were some tubes from the pump to the exhaust manifold. Is that the same as a smog pump? The first mechanic I took it to cut the drive belt as I recall.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Clips were to hold warm air tube from exhaust manifold to the front of the spica airbox. All spica cars had them from 75 to 81.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Reactions: goats
1 - 14 of 14 Posts