Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put a 1975 Spider motor on an engine stand.. what size bolt holds the bellhousing to the block?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, I unfortunately don't have the time to wait for anything to ship out. Thanks or the links though.

·
Administrator
16,792 Posts
When I rebuilt the engine from our '84 I used the engine stand I got from Harbor Freight. I used the bell housing adapters included with the H-F stand to space the engine stand out - didn't have to 'wait' for anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I rebuilt the engine from our '84 I used the engine stand I got from Harbor Freight. I used the bell housing adapters included with the H-F stand to space the engine stand out - didn't have to 'wait' for anything.
I mentioned waiting for stuff in reference to Jim whatshisname's adapter. A guy said he waited for months for it to come, I need this maybe tomorrow but probably Friday.

At any rate, I don't have an adapter to mount it on the motor mount, can I still mount it that way? I just have a standard stand.

Osso-- thanks.

·
Administrator
16,792 Posts
I don't have an adapter to mount it on the motor mount, can I still mount it that way? I just have a standard stand.
Other than some metric thread bolts (I don't recall the size, sorry) everything you see in the picture of our engine on the engine stand came with the H-F engine stand. The engine stand includes 4 'stand-offs'. I used three of them with metric bolts inside (washers under the heads) attached to the engine then bolted those stand-offs to the plate that is welded to the rotating head. It was a little tricky because you can only tighten the bolts inside the stand-offs a few degrees at a time. So, I got them almost tight, lined them up to attach to the rotating head, then finished tightening them once they were bolted to the rotating head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts