Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put in a new battery in my 67 Duetto. The old one won't hold a charge (from a battery charger) - I think it sat too long fully drained.

Now my question is - what sized battery should I replace it with. I'm thinking the biggest, baddest battery that will fit in the space for it. That way with the puny generator, I'll have more than enough reserve from the battery - and I'll just make sure it's topped up every now and again - especially while standing.

Is there any downside to using a bigger battery (other than the cost)? Does it put more load on the generator? Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Nikos

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
The battery requirements of a Duetto aren't exactly high, unless you have a 500w ghetto blaster.

I think your battery is in the trunk, but for those with up-front batteries . . . .

BIGGEST WORD OF CAUTION: SIZE. More than one guy has put a slightly TOO TALL battery, closed the hood, and wound up with a large dimple in the hood. Fill in your own explicative. ______

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I recently purchased a interstate battery, i'm satisfied with it's cranking, and there's a warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts