Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Alfa Spider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had these on my Spider in the 80s (YES, GOLD!!! it was the 80s after all) Thinking of putting them on again, but trying to decide......Give them a good cleaning and use as is? Repaint them? All black? All grey? Maybe grey just to replace the gold? What do you all think? My Spider is, of course, Red..Black top....Black interior.
fsyl+kqLQwmSqiFJMz57tw.jpg

·
Administrator
14,505 Posts
Why did you remove them, and what has made that decision now seem wrong?

Pete

·
Registered
78 Alfa Spider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced them with the original refurbished cromodoras. Just needed a change. Same as now. I've had these in the garage ever since. Thinking why not do something different.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Heck, just send them to me. PM me for my address.
I might even pay for shipping.:D.

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
They look already in very nice condition, I wouldn't start spraying them or stripping them.
Get a can of polish, use some elbow grease and polish them up.

Gotti are decent french made period wheels, those are two piece.

out of curiosity, what do they weigh?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the same wheels on my car, but mine are silver. I've been looking for another as there is a little bit of damage on one of them.

·
Registered
78 Alfa Spider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the same wheels on my car, but mine are silver. I've been looking for another as there is a little bit of damage on one of them.
I love the wheels, I just don't know about the gold. If you get a minute, can you shoot me a picture of yours? Would love to see how they look in silver.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I say throw those wheels back on as they are! And grab your ol' fanny pack and a DynaTAC while you're at it... all the kids are doing it now and it will be cheaper than stripping the rims ;)

·
Registered
78 Alfa Spider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
out of curiosity, what do they weigh?
No idea, but they are pretty light....Lighter than the Cromodoras
Here is a picture of mine... needs a little cleaning though.
Thanks for the picture. Those look great. I forgot how you can see the caliper through them . Now I'm going to have to paint the calipers. More work.... So if now I decide to leave the wheels gold, what color do I paint the calipers?
I say throw those wheels back on as they are! And grab your ol' fanny pack and a DynaTAC while you're at it... all the kids are doing it now and it will be cheaper than stripping the rims ;)
Where did you get that old photo of me?...Haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts