Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should be the price in a full restore Alfa Romeo Jr Zagato 1300 1973. when I said full restore is full restore. this price West Coast or East?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Adan, ar you selling yours? Or debating?

As you know, it is all about condition on those and originality brings a premium.

A nice Junior Z (Though nowhere near as nice as yours) with a new, not original interior and a non-matching 2 litre engine sold for around $29k some 18 months ago.

I also think the price range given above (And refelctive to some extend for all Europe), reflects somewhat nice Junior Zs in decent condition. Most in Europe are a real crapshoot for around Euro 10 - 15k, and Euro 20 - 30k brings you something nicer you can drive and work with, excellent cars should start somewhere around $30k and up. Again, that is Europe and these cars should bring a small premium in the US for their rarity and trouble to get them (You also deal with a smaller market though).

At that price point, the fun starts and you car is way beyond that level of condition. My selfish advice? Put it on the market for a high price - You can always reduce :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no

Adan, ar you selling yours? Or debating?

As you know, it is all about condition on those and originality brings a premium.

A nice Junior Z (Though nowhere near as nice as yours) with a new, not original interior and a non-matching 2 litre engine sold for around $29k some 18 months ago.

I also think the price range given above (And refelctive to some extend for all Europe), reflects somewhat nice Junior Zs in decent condition. Most in Europe are a real crapshoot for around Euro 10 - 15k, and Euro 20 - 30k brings you something nicer you can drive and work with, excellent cars should start somewhere around $30k and up. Again, that is Europe and these cars should bring a small premium in the US for their rarity and trouble to get them (You also deal with a smaller market though).

At that price point, the fun starts and you car is way beyond that level of condition. My selfish advice? Put it on the market for a high price - You can always reduce :)
No I will not sale the Jr Z. at this time but I have noticed since I got my the prices has gone up in Europe. I know that what I have invested will never see, if a buyer comes alone now, but in five years from now. todays restoration are by far more expensive than 10 years ago. at the same time parts are getting even more difficult to find. next time you take your Jr Z to cars and coffe let me know I will bring my.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The Register Junior Zagato Holland keeps a record on the prices

No I will not sale the Jr Z. at this time but I have noticed since I got my the prices has gone up in Europe. I know that what I have invested will never see, if a buyer comes alone now, but in five years from now. todays restoration are by far more expensive than 10 years ago. at the same time parts are getting even more difficult to find. next time you take your Jr Z to cars and coffe let me know I will bring my.
Hi Michael, Fanalone and others enthousiasts,

The Register Junior Zagato Holland keeps a record of the development of the prices for Junior Zagato's in Europe according to their condition (1 to 5 or A to E). The prices are based on estimates as mentioned in Dutch and German classic car magazines in 2007.
Should people be interested in receiving a copy, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or to [email protected]. The file is to big to attach to this post.
Ciao, Olaf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts