Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am about to embark on my 3rd Alfa resto. it being a 1971 guilia GTV and was wondering about what seats i could put in. The normal ones are not so nice and I would prefer leather. Can I put later series 2 or 3 or even S4 spider seats in. would/do they look good or not?

The car will have a 8v TS engine so not so bothered about originality.

Any photos greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The old man put them in, and yes it did need a new set of rails and mounts.

It was then signed off by the engineers as a part of a conversion to a two seater (thus removing the need for the rear seat belts, and permitting the harnesses).

Cheers,
AP

I would want to retain use of the rear seat and possibly a normal seat belt, would that be a problem? I thought the MR2 seats will swing forward won't they to allow for rear access?
Cheers,

C

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They will swing forward for rear seat access, with a normal seat belt it shouldn't be a major problem.

Also just remember that mine is a 67 1600, and there may be some small differences in door handles and center consoles (not really sure).

Cheers,
AP
Sure totally understand, What I'll probably do is try and find a set in a local breakers and take some measurements.

Cheers,
C

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I (test) fitted some leather seats from an alfa 156 in my bertone.
I think seats from a 147 are (almost) identical. They come in cloth, leather and shouldn't be to expensive. Without the height adjustment they are a good fit. I Also used the new seats rail and modified the attachment points.
If you want to give it a try, this are seats without side airbags and armrest.
Maybe it is not an option in countries where there are no modern alfa's :mad:.

I like them and it stays alfa romeo oem.

Bert
Excellent thx for the update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.