Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if anything can be carried over or raped from a 164 such as alternators switches exhausts etc as they seem to get parted out alot. can we actually use any of this stuff or are they completley different animals...

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey guys, just wondering if anything can be carried over or raped from a 164 such as alternators switches exhausts etc as they seem to get parted out alot. can we actually use any of this stuff or are they completley different animals...

thanks in advance.
I have a 164 alternator in my Verde. I don't recall the exact specifics of the install but there was a slight spacing issue on the mounting and the wiring needed a little tweak too.

·
Registered
662 Posts

What year is the 164? Im looking for the FRAME that holds the sunroof and lights, the Black square piece that usually is falling apart on all the 164 i seen..I have a 91 164L...

thks

rob

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ron there always seems to be like sets of two 164s being parted out all over vancouver, all years they dont seem like people wanna keep em for some reason, but th topic is what parts can be used on a milano, not from a specific car but just in genral.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've installed the alternator, 115 amp compared to the stock 85 amp.
I had to elongate the holes in the stock mount, swap the pulley's and get a different size belt. I also was able to fit the shroud and fan with very minimal
work.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
well the 164s have a 3L and most 75 have a 2.5L
so that is first on the list. they also have the improved rockers that don't snap.
and if you get lucky there might be a 'S' engine in one.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
another site says the 3.0L is actually more powerful than the 2.5L. Is this true??
Robert

·
Registered
390 Posts
more power and torque :)
but 'suposidly' not as good a engine note.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guys i drive a verde wit the 3.0 in it. it has more revs and more power but the 2.5 is better for street use as the revs are a little more tolorable. IE you can actually get into third gear when you drive as the 3.0 i just cruise around in second all day.

again im asking what 3.0 parts from a 164 can be used on a 3.0 milano, not the 75 2.5 litres.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
guys i drive a verde wit the 3.0 in it. it has more revs and more power but the 2.5 is better for street use as the revs are a little more tolorable. IE you can actually get into third gear when you drive as the 3.0 i just cruise around in second all day.

again im asking what 3.0 parts from a 164 can be used on a 3.0 milano, not the 75 2.5 litres.
Not sure what 2.5 you're talking about, but the 2.5 has more revs than the 3.0 in stock form by almost 1000 RPM. The 3.0 is better for street use as it has more usable torque.

The gear selection phenomenon may have to do with the taller final drive in the 3.0 powered Verde (3.55 vs 4.10).

As for parts: certain engine parts but not too many on the OUTside. Wheels are almost identical (different hub bore on 164 - need to machine larger but bolt pattern same). Front badge. Shift knob will fit but looks different. Sunroof motor/panel is same. Lighter sockets should be same. Headlight bulbs. Not too many parts swap!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Rob, That was what im looking for , what carries over from where.

some one told me that the 3.0 has more revs, so i stand corrected, What is the stock HP in a 2.5 liter just so i know and what are the specific redline differences between 3.0 and 2.5.

Thanks for everybodys answers it certainly helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts