Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I for one have been restoring, hang on searching for original NOS parts to rebuild my car but there are things that aren't available that require manufacturing or restoring old parts. I for one would like to see Sprint GT Grey door cards available it seems every other colour is up, how about correct sun-visors for RHD that have the visor mirror on the left hand side? What about the trunk emblem, the modern one with three attachments is wrong for an original trunk boot lid, original had five points in five holes. The people with RHD would like a 1600 wood grain Veloce dash, 1750 dash too, restoring the old ones are not cheap and not always a complete success. RHD Carello headlights with cursive script.
These are a few of my frustrating parts dilemmas. I am sure there are people with more. I know it has to make financial sense to invest, but have to be aware of a problem before it can be addressed.
Tim

Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
The sheetmetal around the windshield, corners and middles.

Reactions: gmiller115

Registered
Reasonably priced carb and ignition conversion for the L-Jet 2.0's to run without computers. Granted that is not a reproduction.

Registered
Rhd dashboard. But that's being lazy as I've already a spare to restore.
The chrome strip that goes around the door apertures.
Quality Door Locks and not the cheap rubbish.
1750gtv interior mirror 3 hole
All parts in same quality as original, not cheap copies.

Registered
Internal A pillar covers. In Australian cars they they get sun / UV effected and very distorted. Should be a pretty easy job ( famous last words)

Administrator

Administrator
Quality Door Locks and not the cheap rubbish.
Better than original quality door handles. The original door handles were weak and broke easily
Pete

Reactions: bfeng

Registered
Foam for the seatbacks on the Flying Buttress style GTV seats. (Seat bottoms are available....but seat back foams are the ones that are most often damaged and deteriorated).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts