Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my carbs apart, cleaned them and haven't figured where this part goes. It was included in the rebuild kit I bought from CL. I didn't find this part on my carbs when I took them apart. It is plastic and looks to a screen of some kind.

Help please.

Sorry for the poor picture.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
Incoming fuel filter.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
If you pull the big brass hex plug off the top where the fuel comes into the carb, you will see the filter (unless someone left it out on the last rebuild !!)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am not a weber anything, but I have the books and docs handy.
It looks a lot like a version of an internal fuel filterscreen. (assuming that your carbs are DCOE.) Picture may be the comparison to show size and location. The manuals and exploded views provide only a shape and description. Quality in photo looks to be different though....
Link to pic and description source click here
I do apologize for providing assumption not based on direct experience.
Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Yes, that's right !!
Part #3 goes in hole #4.....
Same quality, just different color.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys

My carbs didn't have that filter installed. Somebody removed and never replaced it. Thank you for the information and the inclusion of the picture..... Very, very helpful!!:D:D:D:D

Marcos

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not a weber anything, but I have the books and docs handy.
It looks a lot like a version of an internal fuel filterscreen. (assuming that your carbs are DCOE.) Picture may be the comparison to show size and location. The manuals and exploded views provide only a shape and description. Quality in photo looks to be different though....
Link to pic and description source click here
I do apologize for providing assumption not based on direct experience.
Regards
Wow, what a link, Thank you!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts