Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my carbs apart, cleaned them and haven't figured where this part goes. It was included in the rebuild kit I bought from CL. I didn't find this part on my carbs when I took them apart. It is plastic and looks to a screen of some kind.

Help please.

Sorry for the poor quality pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Looks like an inlet filter, perhaps for the float needle and seat. Your carbs may not have had this originally.

Robert Hill

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I do not remember seeing anything like that when I rebuilt my Webers. It does look like the filter on the fuel pickup in the gas tank.

·
Premium Member
22,633 Posts
Weber DCOEs don't have that filter, but yes, a later fuel pickup might. Some early fuel pickup screens were metal, not plastic, but plenty of replacements are plastic.
Andrew

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It is a filter and was not reinstalled by PO

The answer and a great link!!!

Weber DCOE for Triumphs

I checked out the website this link is connected to and found out the information was put together by a middle aged women who has owned a Triumph for over 20 years!! ****, she knows her stuff!!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Fuel Filter

That's the fuel filter, guys. It's a bit different than the old style but works good. Turn that over and slide it over that little nipple that is down in the filter well. Put the cap back on and your ready to go. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts