Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What might be the worth of a race version GTA, in 100% restored condition done by a major GTA expert, 0 Miles, ready to race? It would have to be a very kosher car.
Not a factory racer, virtually very little history.

Not selling anything, or buying, just an informative question, if there is anything to go by. I am aware that GTA's are not much on markets, and seldom are available.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
More specific

What might be the worth of a race version GTA, in 100% restored condition done by a major GTA expert, 0 Miles, ready to race? It would have to be a very kosher car.

Not selling anything, or buying, just an informative question, if there is anything to go by. I am aware that GTA's are not much on markets, and seldom are available.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto
Hello Alberto,

I think you have to be more specific. What is 100% restored? Are all the GTA Corsa components present? Which upgrades does the car have for modern racing? Do you have pictures?

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
40 Posts
There was a 1600 GTA race car sold in the Coys auction at the Autosport Show in London last month,
not restored, so it doesn't answer your question but somebody paid £46,600for it including the auctioneer's buyers' premium.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Even though the car sports a 1600 engine it is a 1300 GTA junior - 105.59

While FIA race prepped, hardly original nor restored.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find/4100_results.asp?next=4100_results.asp&whatbutton.x=0&coopid=0&action=simple_search&lcurrency=7&dealerid=0&lauctionmanufacturer=*&sorderby=tblManufacturers.sName%2C+tblModels.sModel&bsubmit=true&lmodelflag=*&bauctioncarsonly=on&bshowstock=Wahr&lCarID=1819305

There was a 1600 GTA race car sold in the Coys auction at the Autosport Show in London last month,
not restored, so it doesn't answer your question but somebody paid £46,600for it including the auctioneer's buyers' premium.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Alberto,

I think you have to be more specific. What is 100% restored? Are all the GTA Corsa components present? Which upgrades does the car have for modern racing? Do you have pictures?

Ciao, Olaf
Olaf, as I mentioned, it was, and is a hypothetical question. Mostly seeking price ranges and possible market situation. Please feel free to comment in the variations you might consider appropriate.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Olaf, as I mentioned, it was, and is a hypothetical question. Mostly seeking price ranges and possible market situation. Please feel free to comment in the variations you might consider appropriate.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto
so what is your aim then with the question?

As far as I can see on the www asking prices range from 115.000 to 135.00o euro. bit depending I guess on history on the car. Bottom is the 115.000 for a freshly prepped car, but that is not sold yet as far as I know?

The only thing that really matters is the price cars are really sold for, that is the market value. and that difficult if buyer and seller don`rt want anybody to know what the deal was....

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Value of a Giulia GTA

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto
Hello Alberto,

I think the best thing you can do is to check out recent auction results for GTA cars in a similar condition. And check out asking prices in advertisements. I am not an expert on GTA cars and its values. Check out Hemmings and Anamera and sites like that. There is also a book which states cars sold by the well known auction houses. You might also have a look at: Classic car auction results from leading classic car sale rooms with analysis by Richard Hudson-Evans

Good luck! Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
649 Posts
GTA prices

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto
Alberto a restored street GTA sold for $225K in SoCal last summer. The sales price depends on many issues. I would add $25k or more to this price for a real Autodelta GTA and then start adding for the race the race history. Some of my friends with real AutoDelta GTA's with significant race history would not sell for $300K. The biggest issue you now face is competition from fake GTA's muddying up the waters so good provenance really determines the price with knowledgeable buyers.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, thank you all. This was more or less what I wished to hear and see, thus, the point of my question. Strictly instructive and appreciated.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
83 Posts
Considering the costs of a full restoration i think 225 000 is still not expensive.

Not much GTA's with all the proper parts left. I think 300 000 $ is good guideline for a car with all the proper parts.

Hard to proof race history though.

Restoring a car is very costly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lets say the 1300 gta sold for 46600 pound then you have to add a full restoration which can easily cost 100 000 $ depending on the car ofcourse.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Considering the costs of a full restoration i think 225 000 is still not expensive.

Not much GTA's with all the proper parts left. I think 300 000 $ is good guideline for a car with all the proper parts.

Hard to proof race history though.

Restoring a car is very costly.
Fred I concur restoration costs are always way more than you estimate. Plus the correct parts are getting harder and harder to find.

I spent over a year and many hundreds of hours documenting the race history on my GTA. The SCCA Archivist Pete Hylton helped plus reading lots of old AW (competition Press) want ads plus interviewing all past owners.
It is tedious work but worth the effort.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fred I concur restoration costs are always way more than you estimate. Plus the correct parts are getting harder and harder to find.

I spent over a year and many hundreds of hours documenting the race history on my GTA. The SCCA Archivist Pete Hylton helped plus reading lots of old AW (competition Press) want ads plus interviewing all past owners.
It is tedious work but worth the effort.
I know i own several cars. Did several restorations. 100 000 $ is on the conservative side for a restoration.

My brother by the way finished our GTA will ask him to send some pictures.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Camambob. What is your idea about the gta's dashboards. It is written that(some) early autodelta cars had plastic dashboards. Mine has the other one the paper kinda stuff one.

It is easy to buy a new plastic dashboard. But the öriginal"(matt grey) paper dashboard you cant buy anymore. As far as i know. Most of the time those parts are missing with the cars used as racing cars.

To me it seems alfa did not make those dashboards out of that material for nothing.

In the old days they had to race with the original interior as far as i know.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Camambob. What is your idea about the gta's dashboards. It is written that(some) early autodelta cars had plastic dashboards. Mine has the other one the paper kinda stuff one.

It is easy to buy a new plastic dashboard. But the öriginal"(matt grey) paper dashboard you cant buy anymore. As far as i know. Most of the time those parts are missing with the cars used as racing cars.

To me it seems alfa did not make those dashboards out of that material for nothing.

Fred I believe the all the early GTAs had the paper dash or at least the RHD ones. My RHD Autodelta GTA still had the original paper dash when I purchased it. This paper dash was used on early GTV's as well per Roman. When Roman restored my GTA he used the original dash.

You can still find these pressed paper dashboards but they are getting rare.

The early Trans-Am Group 2 rules required the standard interior. You could remove the floor mats and back seat but the GTA's had to keep the back seat because there was no solid firewall blocking the trunk and fuel tank. Someone may correct me on this one.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Here is my own GTA sales watch list from the past 2 years. It also includes some currently available. This is not a complete list of all sales, only those published and easily found by me on a casual basis. ie, not really looking but saved the infomation when it came up. All are non US based.
A= restored, B= current use, C= non-runner. approx. $USk.
1600 race, B, 73k. 1300 strada, B, 85k. 1600strada, A, 95k.
1600 race, C, 65k. 1300/1600eng.race, B, 72k. 1300 race, A, 160k.
1600 race, A, 175k. 1600strada plusA/D bits, A, 161k. 1600 race,A, 150k.
1600 race AutoDelta, A, 185k. 1300/1600strada, A, 111k.
1300strada plus, A, 145k.
From previous posts there seems to be 2 distinct markets; on average it obviously costs a lot more to buy a GTA in the US than elswhere.
Cheers,
Vince.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
There's is a fiberglass dashboard that was originally fitted to Autodelta factory cars. It is covered by black crackle, has a glove box but no door. It was fastened with the same screws and washers that are commonly used on the Giulia Super dash. It looks different than any replica dash currently available. This dash may have been only available for LHD; that is I've never seen a RHD version.

Grey cardboard with vinyl top and surround was stock on all 613... 1600's whether LHD or RHD. Faux wood only on 848... 1600's and GTA junior.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Autodelta Dash questions

There's is a fiberglass dashboard that was originally fitted to Autodelta factory cars. It is covered by black crackle, has a glove box but no door. It was fastened with the same screws and washers that are commonly used on the Giulia Super dash. It looks different than any replica dash currently available. This dash may have been only available for LHD; that is I've never seen a RHD version.

Grey cardboard with vinyl top and surround was stock on all 613... 1600's whether LHD or RHD. Faux wood only on 848... 1600's and GTA junior.
Roman has worked on three original RHD Autodelta GTA's and they all had the pressed paper dash. So maybe this is something on RHD Autodelta cars. A friend has an early LHD Autodelta and it has the fiberglass dash. The more I dig into these cars the more I find out that to get a complete accurate picture you need a committee of three of the top people as they all have pieces of info the others don't.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts