Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken on my way to Portland for the Alfa Convention. This was pretty much the average speed on the way down. Heheh.

Disclaimer: I never did this. It was a dream.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I lived in Italy for a couple of years. Doing only 100mph can get you rear ended on the autostrada!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately doing 100 mph in the states on some back roads gets you tossed in jail by some over zealous podunk sheriff if your not careful.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,364 Posts
Damian,

Looks like there was a lot of that on the way to Portland that year:)

I guess that's why they call it the "Montanabahn"!

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent!

I love the fact that Alfas have no problems running at those speeds.

Is that a Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel I see?

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Looks like Joe had a pasenger snap his picture. Look at Damians picture 100mph with one hand on the wheel and one taking the picture? What Alfisti do to save the moment.

I love it!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,364 Posts
Simon,

Yes, you are correct, Damian has bigger balls than I! I wasn't taking my hands off the wheel for anything at those speeds.

I actually hit an indicated 130+ that day, but the navigator was working on his laptop and couldn't be bothered to take a photo:)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The beauty of it is that Alfa makes it easy for ppl like us to snap a photos like that. I have to say Alfa gets all the props for making such lovely handling vehicles at high speeds.

The fastest I've had my Milano is only 120 over the 520 floating bridge. It's definately interesting flying over a bridge that is moving. Not for the faint of heart.

The inspiration for the photo actually originally came from Alfa Bill. He posted a photo of his 164s speedo at speed on the Montanabahn while doing his big cross country roadtrip.

Disclaimer: Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

·
Registered
7 Posts
slow!

Ok u guys... I was going like 145 in a Passat wagon! U need to take a pic of that! Thats the speedometer by the way, but the car kept accelerating! It was pretty fun. I had 2 other people in the car and my dog and luggage. This was on a long smooth stretch in Bend Oregon, or on the way to Bend. I wish i could snapped that. What is the top speed on a milano verde?

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
verde top speed

i had one of my verde's reading 147mph on highway 101 around santa barbara. given the speedo is generally 5mph off, i was probably doing about 142. i still hade another 1000-1500 rpm before red line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats not stock is it? I think I had about 500rpm to go on the passat. VR6s are soo cool! I just can't believe how quick the car got up to 145+ I dunno i'm sure i wasn't at redline. I have taken the car about 200rpm past the redline anyway, so it could still go further. But I sure don't wanna do that everday!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
going fast

the car had s cams, less than a quarter tank of fuel, my friend in the passenger seat (crapping his pants), and 17" wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My passat has 17s too. Toyo tire, k&n intake, chipped, tornado fuel saver thingy, and 22,000miles on new engine. Which got a port n polish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts