Alfa Romeo Forums banner

What Kinda Wheels Does Your Alfa Have?

489K views 891 replies 318 participants last post by  180OUT 
#1 · (Edited)
Both my GT Junior's have 14x7 Panasports with 17mm offset.

#427 ·
Hi John M....your phone dials looks great! How did you polish them? I mean what did you use to do the job? Also, are those standard plastic center caps? I am missing a center cap on one of my phone dials. Would you have any idea where I could find a replacement? Thanks!

#429 ·
#435 ·
Stachowiak said:
Can anyone identify this wheel? They came on a parts GTV and are 14 by 7.5 inches.

Those wheels are posted in #162 of this thread as Melber Majors, though since these wheels are unmarked, perhaps they are copies of the Melber wheels, or as Dr.E says, maybe these are the originals for another application and the Melbers are later copies made to fit 4 x 108 applications...

#437 · (Edited)
Campagnolo's "millerighe" 5.5 X 14 on 185 70 14 tyres.

Attachments

#443 ·
I had original Campagnolo's under my GTV6.
Those are now replaced by some Ronal A1 wheels.
Tires: 205/50/15 (don't know the brand)

Scusi, a better photo of the car with these wheels will follow shortly.

#446 ·
err only 1 wheel for me naturally...

Attachments

Reactions: Rubenvalente
#447 ·
White Wheels?

I have only owned my car for 7 months - this was not my idea..

The PO bought a set of Cromodoro Turbinas and painted them white, but not the same white as the car. A little brake dust makes them look horrible, and it takes about an hour to clean them up to look OK for a day or two. I can't find a decent brush that will work in the confines of the interior bits. Scotchbrite does the best job in the nooks and crannies, but that's beginning to take the paint off.

But I have a solution:

A friend will powder coat the wheels in a nice, proper SILVER for FREE (my favorite price). However...

The tires are worn, so I have to get new tires, but I can't buy new tires until the car is aligned. I can't align the car until the loose tie rod end is replaced (cause of the worn tires) - no use in replacing just one tie rod end, so I need a full set. The front suspension is a little creaky, as is the rear, so new bushings are in order all around. And the car is leaning a bit to the left, so I'm guessing I'll need new springs. The car has almost 100k miles, so it's probably a good idea to replace the wheel bearings and seals. Axxis brake pads will cut down on future dusting, and I imagine that the rotors are close to their wear limits. The calipers and hoses should probably be done at the same time...

So the "free" powder coating will cost me over $1000. :(

Attachments

#449 ·
While she's apart, you might as well rebuild the motor and fix that 2nd gear crunch, too. Of course, that will be the perfect time to repaint the engine compartment. Once the engine compartment has sparkling new paint, you will want to paint the entire exterior to match.

3 years later, you will be in the same boat I'm in !! But it is great fun !

#450 ·
Bill77 said:
While she's apart, you might as well rebuild the motor and fix that 2nd gear crunch, too. Of course, that will be the perfect time to repaint the engine compartment. Once the engine compartment has sparkling new paint, you will want to paint the entire exterior to match.

3 years later, ...!
3 years later, you're going to realize you're well over budget, and selling would be the only option, at the wife's urging, of course. I suggest you sell the car now to save yourself from the headaches and heartaches.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.